Freezing buds to preserve terps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freezing buds to preserve terps

Anyone out there freezing their buds for long term storage?
    I have read up on this and now am ready to give it a try.
    I have been checking on the RH of my refrigerator and it fluctuates big time. Even in the crisper drawers. I was storing buds in mason jars with 62% humidity pack inside, then vacuum seal a bag with the jar and another 62% pack inside that. That works for a short term under 6 month storage.
    So now I want to store buds in the freezer for a year. I was thinking my same method, glass jar, humidity pack, sealed in a vacuum bag with another humidity pack.
    Thats when I got to thinking... will a humidity pack even work inside the freezer?
    Anyone attempt this method of storing?
    How to you store buds for a year or more to preserve terp oils?
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

I have stored bud in mason jars for up to 2 years. I live in a area considered High dessert, with very little humidity. I avoid putting weed in plastic bags. Static electricity will suck the trichomes right off the weed.

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice. I lived in the high desert once for a short time.
      How do you keep temps low enough to avoid terps from gassing off in the jars?

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Toker1, I have a storage room in the basement. I avoid as much light as possible. I even go so far as to keep them in dark colored jars.

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah. Yeah, no basement where so am at . I have actually researched digging a hole in the ground and installing a cooler for some geo-cooling action. Might still give that a try. I got space in the freezer for the time being. Hoping someone has some experience with that method.

Only time I froze buds was when my bro went and harvested "Kansas Killer" otherwise known as hemp, we dropped it in an ice chest with dry ice, sealed it and in the freezer for 2 weeks. Told all that purchased it to keep it frozen,,,

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice. What was your method for storing in the freezer? And how did the bud taste after thawing?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X