death sentence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

death sentence?

Think this one has a death sentence. Looks like a male to me but ?

I don't see anything that would warrant axing this plant yet from the pictures.
    are you in Flowering?
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

I don't see any evidence, either... Can you show the whole plant?
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

That doesn't look like a male to me either
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I also agree with seeing no sign of being a male

Comment

You still got time. Can't tell if it is a M or F.

Comment

ok thanks for the help. I will try to post better pics next time.
              been working 12 hr days lately so not much free time.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                oldjarhead100 commented
                Editing a comment
                12 hour days are not fun at all when you have to drive an hour either way lol

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Yyyyyyyyuk!!!

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                I feel the pain JohnEmad it's a chore keeping up grow and work......life. But this is a hobby of love. Nothing better to us growers then harvesting your own, knowing you ain't gotta pay the creeps. Knowing, learning how to tell sex of plant takes time when growing reg. seeds? I've had outdoor reg. seed grows take me 3months of waiting to determine sex, had to grow a lot of plants to get 4 females of legal adults. How are they looking now?

Out of 12 seedlings I have probably 4 females and the rest males when using a flashlight and decent magnifying glass.
              Switching to flower 12/12 on or about May 20th. 3 months or so to try my own bud. Can't wait!
              Adding a light this week to the maxhydro 96 I started with which is ok but not the quality I need to produce well...higher quality tops.
              Adding a 238W made by a fellow Canuck. check them out here if you want. https://truenorthernlighting.com/238w-plate/
              I will post the results as time goes by.

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Once you go home grown, you can never go back to the schwag you got on the street. And don't be surprised if your friends start coming around ALL THE TIME just to visit, chat, light up...

when I have regular seeds I influence the sex by giving a little more N ,shorter light period 14 hours,increased humidity and lower temps, you have to have all of these in place and start them when the 3rd set of true leaves show I do it for a couple of weeks .for my summer grow I started 51 regular seeds I got 2 males and 49 females
              new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
              current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Originally posted by oldjarhead100 View Post
                when I have regular seeds I influence the sex by giving a little more N ,shorter light period 14 hours,increased humidity and lower temps, you have to have all of these in place and start them when the 3rd set of true leaves show I do it for a couple of weeks .for my summer grow I started 51 regular seeds I got 2 males and 49 females
                OJH, That is Just what I was wondering about and was going to make learning this a focus of my next planting with unknown mixed seeds.
                I appreciate your help and the help of the members.

Comment

OJH knows what he's talking about. Next summer i'll be retired and can fiddle more with reg. seeds. That's all we use to get right? I never had started as many as OJH but I've had to grow maybe 15 out to mid summer to find 4-5 girls. What a pain but not todayI don't mind spending a few bucks more for fem. seeds. Use to have all reg. seeds from bag weed saved over the years.
                  Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                  indoor/outdoor grower
                  1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                  1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                  I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                  Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                  Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                  Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    budgal, how old are the oldest seeds you've germinated successfully?

Well alltatup at least 10yrs or more. Use to get them from growers around here way back and I stuck them in a little jam jar in a drawer. So I took one last look at them this season and out they went. I use to be a wreck trying to get them to flower with all the other things I needed to do in the summer garden. All we use to have since I've grown years past was bag seed found or given to me. 3 yrs ago a friend grower turned me on to online seeds and I was just amazed feminized changed me and I won't go back. Sure for shits and giggles i'll grow reg. seeds but I count on the fems. photos for quantity. Autos are a challenge and a novelty but my real fun are the photos. Honestly the last few years have really been an education for me.

indoor/outdoor grower
                  1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                  Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    And cloning forgot to mention we'd clone the females which I love.

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wow, 10 years old!! I had some troubles with two seedlings from some of my older seeds; ended up taking both seedlings out because they were so far behind the others, and I wondered if it was the seed age. On the other hand, I have a couple of plants from older seeds that are growing like gangbusters.

I'm a devoted photoperiod feminised seeds grower; I just can't seem to muster up enough interest in the autos either!! I love my interaction with my plants too much to put it on auto pilot, so to speak!! And yes: the cannabis revolution of the 21st century absolutely delights me, and I started smoking back in 1968. I love all the new gadgets and I love my hybrids!!!!! Most of all, I love growing my own. ;-}

I love growing my own also alltatup. I can still remember maybe 35-40yrs ago growing male plants till they flowered and burst thinking this was what I was suppose to smoke? Not until a friendly neighbor introduced me to "gorilla growing" it's all us scared shitless hidden growers did for just a few plants for personal use. Me and my country neighbors did not grow huge plots for profit. All we wanted was a few damn big girls to get us through winter up until next summer harvest. We kept our mouths shut and traded back and forth we still do for those of us still working for the man/woman. It's just a beautiful plant with so many possibilities. My sister in law and me just hugged and laughed when it became legal to grow here. Waited 40yrs for it.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sigh.... I'm still waiting... My head-up-its-butt dirty southern state will be among the last, I'm afraid; they are too dumb to figure out how much good it would do the state...

Hey alltatup my Dad was from hillbilly ( no offence just stating a fact crazy backward thinking man) Tennessee out in tobacco country. I totally understand good God wake up friggin knuckle draggers. I'm pulling for the whole flippin USA to get there heads out there A$$es

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I wish I lived in WA or OR, but I'd need about a million bucks to live the way I'd want to... definitely not in the city.

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
                  I love growing my own also alltatup. I can still remember maybe 35-40yrs ago growing male plants till they flowered and burst thinking this was what I was suppose to smoke? Not until a friendly neighbor introduced me to "gorilla growing" it's all us scared shitless hidden growers did for just a few plants for personal use. Me and my country neighbors did not grow huge plots for profit. All we wanted was a few damn big girls to get us through winter up until next summer harvest. We kept our mouths shut and traded back and forth we still do for those of us still working for the man/woman. It's just a beautiful plant with so many possibilities. My sister in law and me just hugged and laughed when it became legal to grow here. Waited 40yrs for it.
                  Had to laugh when I read your post. Brought back memories of growing plants in the garden on the old farm I used to rent in 1976. 12 foot high and no trimming. Poor quality compared to today but hey it was free and felt proud to have grown my own. My buddies all smoked it and we had a good laugh. Beat some of that rancid old Mexican pot that made its way up north to Canada.
                  But now its legal to grow 4 plants for every household. Still keeping it quiet and telling no one. Old habits are hard to break. Can't wait for the 4 females to flower and see what an indoor grow will do.

Comment

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's a great story. Wait till you see what an indoor grow can do!!!

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You are gonna see a huge difference LOL

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X