• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9fingerleafs
    commented on 's reply
    just burry the small fabric pot into the second one like it wasnt there

• 9fingerleafs
    commented on 's reply
    i only use bags as "final" pots, i use regular plastic ones: solo cups, one quart, one gallon and then straight into 5 gal fabric pots and into flowering. this last run i grew 8 plants in 5 gal pots outside and yielded 1100 grams of dried trimmed bud plus 200 grams of larf. thats around 150 grams per plant. its a lot but i use coco and have killer sun for 10+ hours a day. my point is 5 gal fabric pots are more than enough for a 5 foot tall 2 foot wide plant

• Greenpassion
    commented on 's reply
    I'll try that method Toker1, as as cut one off

• Toker1
    commented on 's reply
    No need to cut it. It would be much easier though. All transplanting is stressful to plants no matter what the container material may be.
    I transplant fabric pots all the time. Not too much different than a plastic one. I flip the plant up side down. I’ll pull the fabric pot off the roots starting at the bottom. I contain the stem and top portion of the soil of the plant with my opposite hand. I start with pinching the bottom fabric off a bit first, then I get all the roots detached from the fabric on bottom by continuing to pinch of smaller sections on the bottom. From there, I use a slightly forceful pull on the bottom of the container and repeat that motion until the plant is completely removed.
    Last edited by Toker1; 05-08-2019, 05:59 PM.

• Spidermite
    replied
    I have never had to cut one off. But maybe after 4 months it might be safer.

Leave a comment:

• Greenpassion
    commented on 's reply
    Yes I'm not new to transplanting. I've done it a million times I've just never transplanted from a cloth pot into a larger cloth pot. That tutorial doesn't say a thing about the method of transplanting from a cloth pot to a cloth pot.@9fingerleafs posted that it's very stressful to do that, and that is my question now. If I were to pot up to a larger size do I have to cut the pot off?

• Toker1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Greenpassion
    replied
    And is there a way to transplant them into a larger cloth pot without damaging them or stressing them?

Leave a comment:

• Greenpassion
    commented on 's reply
    Oh, good to know. I've been keeping them all in the very same 5 gallon cloth bag that I put them in as seedlings, and getting 3 to 4 oz per plant so far. I never thought of repotting into larger bags. I find it
    worrisome that it stresses them though... Do you guys ever just stay in the same bag or pot you started out in?

• Toker1
    commented on 's reply
    Exactly. I use1 gallon of soil pot size for every half oz of dried bud as a fairly decent estimate. Assuming all other variables are already dialed in. So 10 gallon pots can grow 5 oz per plant (dried).

• 9fingerleafs
    replied
    re-potting a plant from a grow bag is very destructive to the roots, unless you just transplant without removing the 5 gal bag i would do it now to give the plant a couple of weeks to recover from the stress. you dont want to flip to flower with root damage/stress

Leave a comment:

• Spidermite
    replied
    I agree with toker. If you can go to 10 gallon pots I would. My yields tend to be directly related to pot size.

Leave a comment:

• Toker1
    replied
    Go 7gal few weeks before the flip. Hell, go 10 gal if you can. Bigger roots = bigger fruits.

Leave a comment:

• Greenpassion
    started a topic 5 gallon grow bags/4 months in veg?

5 gallon grow bags/4 months in veg?

I have 5 plants in 5 gallon grow bags. They have been in veg for 4+ months, and I won't be able to move them into the 12 12 room for some weeks out from here. Actually one of them can be moved into the 12 12 room as I will be harvesting one from that room in two weeks. That said, the ones in veg are two Wonder Woman, and 3 pure power plant. So being in veg for 4 months, they're good-sized plants, very wide and lots of tops as I have been training them. Do I need to put them in 7 gallon grow bags or will they be okay in the five gallon through to flowering?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X