5 gallon grow bags/4 months in veg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 gallon grow bags/4 months in veg?

I have 5 plants in 5 gallon grow bags. They have been in veg for 4+ months, and I won't be able to move them into the 12 12 room for some weeks out from here. Actually one of them can be moved into the 12 12 room as I will be harvesting one from that room in two weeks. That said, the ones in veg are two Wonder Woman, and 3 pure power plant. So being in veg for 4 months, they're good-sized plants, very wide and lots of tops as I have been training them. Do I need to put them in 7 gallon grow bags or will they be okay in the five gallon through to flowering?
    The earth does not belong to us.
    We belong to the earth.

Auto's and Super auto's in Coast of Maine
    Photos in Coast of Maine
    Nothern lights auto, AK48 auto, OG Kush auto Cookie G3 Super auto's
    PurePowerPlant photo, Sweet Zombie photo, Wonder woman photo
    3 & 5 & 7 & 10 gal 24/7 grow bags
    Recharge, molasses, Botanicare nutrient line
    12(6 in each room) 450 watt Viparspector LED
    (2) 6" Carbon filter and fans
    House of hydro foggers both veg and 12/12 rooms.
    8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)
    9 x 12' Flowering room (12/12 room)

Go 7gal few weeks before the flip. Hell, go 10 gal if you can. Bigger roots = bigger fruits.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I agree with toker. If you can go to 10 gallon pots I would. My yields tend to be directly related to pot size.
      You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly. I use1 gallon of soil pot size for every half oz of dried bud as a fairly decent estimate. Assuming all other variables are already dialed in. So 10 gallon pots can grow 5 oz per plant (dried).

re-potting a plant from a grow bag is very destructive to the roots, unless you just transplant without removing the 5 gal bag i would do it now to give the plant a couple of weeks to recover from the stress. you dont want to flip to flower with root damage/stress

Comment

• Greenpassion
        Greenpassion commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, good to know. I've been keeping them all in the very same 5 gallon cloth bag that I put them in as seedlings, and getting 3 to 4 oz per plant so far. I never thought of repotting into larger bags. I find it
        worrisome that it stresses them though... Do you guys ever just stay in the same bag or pot you started out in?

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        i only use bags as "final" pots, i use regular plastic ones: solo cups, one quart, one gallon and then straight into 5 gal fabric pots and into flowering. this last run i grew 8 plants in 5 gal pots outside and yielded 1100 grams of dried trimmed bud plus 200 grams of larf. thats around 150 grams per plant. its a lot but i use coco and have killer sun for 10+ hours a day. my point is 5 gal fabric pots are more than enough for a 5 foot tall 2 foot wide plant

And is there a way to transplant them into a larger cloth pot without damaging them or stressing them?
      The earth does not belong to us.
      We belong to the earth.

Auto's and Super auto's in Coast of Maine
      Photos in Coast of Maine
      Nothern lights auto, AK48 auto, OG Kush auto Cookie G3 Super auto's
      PurePowerPlant photo, Sweet Zombie photo, Wonder woman photo
      3 & 5 & 7 & 10 gal 24/7 grow bags
      Recharge, molasses, Botanicare nutrient line
      12(6 in each room) 450 watt Viparspector LED
      (2) 6" Carbon filter and fans
      House of hydro foggers both veg and 12/12 rooms.
      8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)
      9 x 12' Flowering room (12/12 room)

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        just burry the small fabric pot into the second one like it wasnt there

4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Greenpassion
        Greenpassion commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I'm not new to transplanting. I've done it a million times I've just never transplanted from a cloth pot into a larger cloth pot. That tutorial doesn't say a thing about the method of transplanting from a cloth pot to a cloth pot.@9fingerleafs posted that it's very stressful to do that, and that is my question now. If I were to pot up to a larger size do I have to cut the pot off?

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        No need to cut it. It would be much easier though. All transplanting is stressful to plants no matter what the container material may be.
        I transplant fabric pots all the time. Not too much different than a plastic one. I flip the plant up side down. I’ll pull the fabric pot off the roots starting at the bottom. I contain the stem and top portion of the soil of the plant with my opposite hand. I start with pinching the bottom fabric off a bit first, then I get all the roots detached from the fabric on bottom by continuing to pinch of smaller sections on the bottom. From there, I use a slightly forceful pull on the bottom of the container and repeat that motion until the plant is completely removed.
        Last edited by Toker1; 05-08-2019, 05:59 PM.

• Greenpassion
        Greenpassion commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll try that method Toker1, as as cut one off

I have never had to cut one off. But maybe after 4 months it might be safer.
      You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X