$4.7 billion in mj taxes for a schedule 1 drug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$4.7 billion in mj taxes for a schedule 1 drug

Some US citizens are currently incarcerated for life for accepting much much less $ in mj sales.
    Once the feds accepted this mj tax money as legal tender, were they committing money laundering crimes for that total amount?
    My solution to this problem is to change federal law to declassify mj as a schedule 1 drug. Give mj the title it deserves (finally). Maybe then the gov. could potentially legally accept the tax money for mj sales. Or they can always choose to give the $4.7 billion back to the rightful owners of that money (that will be the day...). Should the individuals responsible in the appropriate departments of government face the same prosecution as the ordinary citizens of this nation would for accepting money from mj sales?
    Care to share your thoughts?
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

The fact that cannabis is still classified as a sched. 1 drug makes it clear that a lot of folks are making mega-bucks by keeping it sched 1. Big pharma is just the tip of the iceberg in that sense.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed. 🤑

Yeah, it's all about keeping everyone on opiates. It's sad when you start looking into the history with opiate / cannabis connection, not to mention all of the other racist nonsense that contributed to this as well. There is no legit reason to have this as schedule 1, but yet nobody has changed it. The FDA is such a damn joke as well. They try to say there is no benefit to MJ, but then back in the day every single pharm company was making cannabis products. Talk about a contradiction, it sucks there is absolutely nothing we can do about it either. Just have to keep getting fd over and wait for a president that will finally take the first step. How in the world in Xanax schedule 4, a drug that is HIGHLY addictive and will kill you easily if mixed with alcohol or opiates. Now there is a drug that has no real medical benefit. All it's really good for is helping someone who took too much LSD or someone who suffers from panic attacks and even then you have much better and safer options.

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, unfortunately the message is... Dollar bills over loss of life.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Well said. But I disagree about us not being able to do anything: look at how things are changing all around the country! In the super redneck states like mine, we still have to continue to pressure our elected officials to start by legalizing medical mj.

But what will happen to the alcohol industry and big pharma (shit like Xanax) when cannabis is legal everywhere? There are a lot of seriously protected interests in the iceberg I mentioned in my first post above.

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lots of progress recently, but still a far way to go.

When the MJ tax revenue surmounts revenues from the pharmaceutical industries you can bet your posterior MJ will lose its schedule one classification. Dot gov will wants its piece of the action. Always, always follow the money. We live in a dictatorship of capitalism that sets the parameters for every avenue of your life!

Comment

But Hurst's paper mills may have lost money or went under, and the cotton industry would have been hurt,,, whatever!! I mean do I care what the paper I write on is made of, trees or hemp (hemp grows faster)? Must I have cotton for my T shirt, or could I were a hemp shirt as easily (and comfy)?

There is a bill being worked on for the gov to get out of the way, I am sure it will mean new taxes as well. Dont hold your breath, getting the gov to do anything is like poring cold molasses out of the jar,,,,

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I once heard of you hired a man with a lawnmower to cut your lawn, the government would hire 100 men with nail clippers to do the exact same job. Lol

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL all to true,, the local gov now hires goats to do weed control.

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
      Must I have cotton for my T shirt, or could I were a hemp shirt as easily (and comfy)?
      Hemp is now legal in the U.S.

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, Oklahoma is another state that still arrests people for hemp. Florida as well.
        There are still states making arrests for cbd oil and hemp production.
        I’m not a big fan or people.com, but this article hits the points right on the head.

• MJTECH
        MJTECH commented
        Editing a comment
        Not in Florida, Governor DeSantis just signed into law a bill legalizing Hemp and has ordered the Department of Agriculture to set up a licensing system for commercial cultivators.

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        The bill to create a hemp program. Meaning last week (before that bill was signed), noting existed and was still illegal to buy/sell hemp in Florida.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X