No announcement yet.

Grow ten atu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HARVEST HAPPENS!!! I looked at trichomes on Fri or Sat, they were coming along. I looked at them yesterday and there were quite a few cloudy with falling over heads. I harvested.

I spent all day yesterday and today trimming. I have never harvested anywhere near as much as I did this time. I had to come up with a much larger space to hang them all:

Click image for larger version  Name:	harvest jul23.png Views:	1 Size:	3.62 MB ID:	324604
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3247.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.00 MB ID:	324605
    The C99 and the Green Crack had huge buds; Shiva and Em-Dog also did well, but not as well as the two tall plants. Even White Widow and OG Kush, the two runts, were sticky with dense buds--just less of them, much more internode space between buds. They simply didn't get the light they needed. I have a bunch of super-sticky trim to make capsules with. The last batch of capsules I made was a real hit with a couple of my buddies; one guy said he found himself just standing in the kitchen, and he wasn't didn't know how long he'd been standing there he was so high. That stuff is too strong for me, but they're great for the country boys round these parts.

I'm thinking I can either retire on this grow or purchase a Ferrari; just gotta figure out my priorities. I just can't wait to get a dry weight and see how much better I did. It seems to me that I harvested and trimmed maybe 2.5-3 times as much. I'll know when I weigh it.

I ADORE the LED Cobbs!!! I'm doing so much better with them!

HappyDaze Here are C99 (on the left) and Green Crack after I removed the tops of the colas:

Click image for larger version  Name:	c99 jul23.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.74 MB ID:	324606Click image for larger version  Name:	jul23 old.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.96 MB ID:	324607
    I removed the tops of C99 on Sunday, and the rest of it was ready to come down today. The Green Crack remains are still in the box on the right, but the EmDog and the OGK came down today as well.

I'm pooped. Time to vape some bud. Happy growing y'all!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by alltatup; 07-23-2019, 02:30 PM.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      Retire...! The Ferrari is only a tiny bit nicer and will cost you in the long run. In fact it will cost you in the short run also. Congratulations, I felt it looked like a personal best🥇

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      wow thats a great grow gotta love it when a plan works out. You changed your lights what did you go to ,led/cobbs ,I have one 800w led/cob light, im going to replace the 6 300 w leds I have, I may need to get a couple more cobs , oh Lets hope the Dean doesn't stop by for a visit lol

• HappyDaze
      HappyDaze commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the extra pics. Those buds still look pretty solid on the lower part of the plants....none of the anemic looking larf you'd see in an under lit setup. Those cobs really are working well.

Congrats!

Daze

Thanks for stopping by everyone!! I'm super-happy, a bit dazed from all the trimming and trichomes, and ready to start the next grow (after I --UGH!!!!! -- clean the boxes).

Mr.furley I totally agree with you: I'm only interested in doing better than I did last time--not in besting anyone else.

Farmall You were right!! I don't like to get my hopes up before I have grounds; I'm not good at guesstimating what's in the boxes. As for the Rari, I'll prolly just stick with the Honda...

s62 I'm like a kid night before xmas: I just can't wait to weigh it.

oldjarhead100 My new box came with this: https://www.bcnorthernlights.com/led-lights/ I was so happy with it that I switched out the HID ballast in my old box. It's a win-win situation, because the grow room stays so much cooler now--which is also part of the success of this grow. I definitely had ideal conditions for flowering as far as temp and humidity were concerned.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

END OF THE GROW:

I harvested 13.5 oz, which is my best so far. Green Crack was right under 4 ounces--110gms. I'm flushing out the grow boxes with H2O2 in water, I put new hoses on the chillers cuz they get incredibly cruddy, and I will start germinating grow 11 over the weekend.

I'm seriously thinking I should try just growing two plants per box; that may allow me to take better advantage of training and cola placement. Not to mention hitting that light sweet spot: the two big plants, Green Crack and C99, loved the light they got. Here is Green Crack trunk and the base of her roots: isn't she beautiful?????

Click image for larger version  Name:	GC trunk roots.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.18 MB ID:	325330
      I just passed my 3-year anniversary since I started growing on July 21, 2016. I still get a little anxious about some things, but I have a much stronger sense of what I'm doing; there's nothing like practice!! It most definitely pays off. One of these days I'll harvest a pound. And I just can't wait to see what I learn on my next grow.

Peace out to my fellow growers, hoping you have a groovy weekend. Shabbat shalom!!
      Last edited by alltatup; 07-27-2019, 10:28 AM. Reason: clarify information for these stoners

Comment

• Obi-Wan
        Obi-Wan commented
        Editing a comment
        alltatup props on your personal best!! Looks like prime bud from what I can see. You’ve been growing and sharing your grows since I’ve been a member here. You’ve journaled the good and the bad, growers love and props!!👍🏻👍🏻. This forum is a better place because of the knowledge and experience you share.

Thank you!!

• billyboy
        billyboy commented
        Editing a comment
        I want that root. I hear it may be used to make a poultice for the gout.

• Spidermite
        Spidermite commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I've always heard you can do some great things with the roots. But if anyone would know it would be alltatup.

These are from soil. Take away the rooter and feeder roots and it's no where's near the size of your root stump. Must be due to the constant feed. Interesting. Good Growing !!

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Colombo Those are some mighty pretty roots, though: mine are a mess at the end of the grow.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm impressed that you exposed so much of the root ball in dirt must of taken a little while to wash them off lol

• Colombo
        Colombo commented
        Editing a comment
        oldjarhead100, It took about 15 min to wash them off with a spray. I was interested in what they looked like after reading about root problems and growth. I have learned alot from doing this and it will help with future grows.

Happy Sunday ATU are you resting up from the harvest and deciding on your next grow? Do you do much cloning? I was so tempted yesterday working on the photos I have to take more clones. When I see how well these plants are doing in the outdoors and so many small branches I have cleaned out it's so hard for me to toss them aside and not stick them in cloning solution. But all my friends who grow are doing the same thing and no one at this point needs any clones.

We got a fire to the south of us about 9,000 acres whipt up from illegal campfire unattended they say? We are about 45mi from it and wind is blowing south away from us. It's in a canyon hard to fight do to steep terrain. We are going to see my sister today who's in the eye of the smoke it always blows into her area and sits in the valley hangs in there like fog it's awful but we got to make a trip down there she's expecting us to come. We did go to the show and see that new Terrintino movie, as usual left us in silence and thought about it all the way home then discussion over a doobie sitting outside when we got home. Loved the pitbull scene most of all LOL all i'm gonna say! Don't get carpal tunnel burping all those jars, I bet they smell divine. Have a good day
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal Hi budgal, yeah, I start lining up my next grow weeks ahead of time. Made some last-minute changes to the list because of the extraordinary quality of a couple of these strains I just harvested.

I decarboxylated some of the EmDog yesterday and was very happily surprised when I vaped it: it got me high as heck. So she went straight back on the list for this next grow. As did C99, who also turned out really well. As a matter of fact, I'm starting germination today: about to take the rooters out of the freezer.

I decarbed all the trim yesterday (I have two Ardent Nova decarb machines, it took 5 runs altogether to get it all decarbed), it went into Everclear a little while ago and is now happly sitting in the freezer, all the little trichomes melting right off. I absolutely LOVE my tincture early in the morning, hours before I have to go do anything; it totally starts my day off blissfully.

So sorry to hear about the fire: humans can be so mindless and do so much damage. Hope your sister is ok. Tarantino is so funny, violent and whimsical: gotta love him. Happy gardening!!

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        Sad to hear about fires. The damage to psyche and property can be rough. Friends of mine live near Philo and got just a bit too close for them last year. Another friend here is a sungrower and his stuff is double the size of what mine is. However, the training techniques and defoliation I have been taught look like they are paying off wonderfully...flat top wide plants with a dozen colas on each poised for greatness and maybe 3’ Tall. I wish I had additional space to clone.

So, Alltatup, TWO Novas? Too cool...! How long do you think decarbed material lasts when it jarred for use in the future?

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Farmall The only way to prevent the cannabinoids etc. from degrading is to infuse into alcohol, which as you already know, will store indefinitely. Extracts--hash, shatter, oil, etc.--definitely do lose potency over time.

Now this is trim, so it will make great tincture and capsules. If I want to make some sap, I'll use bud. I'm pretty happy with the bud, though...

ps. Thanks for the Cannabis Cup above!!! I'm workin on it!!!
        Last edited by alltatup; 07-28-2019, 05:22 PM.

alltatup If you could pick one strain what strain would it be? For me I'm guessing a white widow or MSNLs Nitro Lemon Haze.

I dont think either is my favorite but both help with my issues overall more than other single strains. Just curious.
      You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Spidermite I have no idea. My current favorites whose aromas speak to me are what I just harvested. They all smell so good to me it's dizzying. I changed my list for my next grow to include some I just grew--the EmDog and the C99.

• Spidermite
        Spidermite commented
        Editing a comment
        I figured that would be your answer. I would be so disappointed if I got stuck with just a strain or two. My favorite thing is always the anticipation that comes from growing new strains.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Spidermite For me it's the breathtaking process of flowering: an incredible, miraculous process. I'm narrowing down my favorites, but I still have lots of seeds I haven't even grown yet, so I'll keep growing new chemovars. Truth be told, I don't note much difference in the high from one strain to another: it's more like each high in and of itself is unique, a new journey.

Just thinking out loud
      run 2 autos, ~80 days to harvest
      veg/train your main grow at 18/6 during those 80 days
      put them into the sweet spot, flip to flower, then harvest your Lb

Green thoughts

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        LurkingInTheGrass I simply haven't gotten around to autos yet, and it's not on the agenda in the near future.... I love photos too much!!!

• LurkingInTheGrass
        LurkingInTheGrass commented
        Editing a comment
        I hear ya

It was a little over a year, befor I dropped my first auto. Enjoyable grow (because it's faster) also stressful (same reason) 😁

Well done Atu as usual you pulled off a great grow ,
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        oldjarhead100 Waiting on you and the woman and the birds to come and try some!!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X