Automated Grow Tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Automated Grow Tent

I am preparing for my first grow but the problem is I travel for work quite a lot for parts of the year. I wanted to try to automate things in the grow process like pH levels, nutrients and water level as well as a camera so i could check up on the plants and see them grow without being there. I am good with electronics and figured I could code a micro-computer to run sensors and pumps to keep all these things in check. After browsing the internet I found I could do all this myself for just a few hundred bucks. I was hoping to basically automate the whole process so they could grow while I'm away but after browsing this website I realized there's a few other factors like growth training and reservoir cleaning that I didn't think of that would require me to be there.

My question is how long could I go in-between tent "check-ups" if things like water and ph are constantly in control? Would it be worth setting all this up? Are there ways to keep the reservoir in good shape with out weekly cleanings?

I plan on growing 2-3 plants hydroponically under some LEDs. Thanks for your input guys, can't wait to start.

This looks pretty close. I'm looking at something like this just to build one.
    This step-by-step grow guide will teach you how easy it is to grow cannabis using bubbleponics. This method provides consistent huge yields and a quicker harvest compared to most other grow methods.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

I don’t have near that automation but I am only at mine weekly and the plant training is a big thing as I have height issues to deal with. There are times that i could stretch 2 weeks but I have no visual or communication which would make a huge difference on the risk potential for something to go wrong. I have 3 x 45 gal tanks of back up for mine as it is full hydro drip running a veg and a flower separate.

Comment

Hello henry420, This is a grow I have going that is "all organic" I just add tap water when needed (usually every 5 days). I'am going too organics as this is as close to nature as possible. This plant has grown without any problems through temps in the 40's and 50's to present 70's and still going strong! "NO NUTES ADDED" It was started 2/14/19 and is now in flower. MG Natures care garden soil with root trients. Very impressed with the results so far! THIS IS NOT an endorsement for MG
      ScrOG frame? Thinking outside the box.This is the grow. Good Growing !!
      Last edited by Colombo; 05-01-2019, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X