Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhantomSulker
    replied
    Everything looks good so far, last night I worked the stem closer to the base where I want the plant to go under to start growing around it.

Leave a comment:

• PhantomSulker
    replied
    Ironically look what the topic for this weeks newsletter was.

How to Keep a Bonsai Mother for Unlimited Clones by Oldtimer1 that was put out there by NebulaHaze This was the article that got me interested and I started the project months ago but then just decided to grow the seeds and learn more and take a clone before flower to try.

Leave a comment:

• PhantomSulker
    replied
    Gelato Bonsai is going now. She is growing like a weed everyday. I have been adjusting the wires to get her as close to the branch then going to go under and try to twist the branches around. I bought some of that green thick bendable wire to work with her on. I will spend some time with her this evening again.

Leave a comment:

• PhantomSulker
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, once I get it growing and I will definitely make it look awesome!

• Colombo
    replied
    Hello PhantomSulker, Love the idea ! Don't forget to add some grow rocks and oriental accents for the camera ! How short will you keep it ? Will enjoy watching the progress ! Good Growing !!

Leave a comment:

• Toker1
    commented on 's reply
    Coco that doesn’t contain any nitrogen should be ok. Better than soil. Just need to keep the medium moist at first. Then let it wet dry cycle. The interior should never dry up completely. That is the tricky part.

• PhantomSulker
    commented on 's reply
    Did not know that, maybe I should put it back in the shot glass for a while? It is in Coco not soil.

• Toker1
    commented on 's reply
    The nitrogen in the soil will inhibit root growth. I don’t plant any clones in soil until some roots are showing.
    Last edited by Toker1; 05-03-2019, 11:30 AM.

• PhantomSulker
    replied
    Everything with the clone looks good so far. Just waiting for some roots to get going and she should start growing soon.

Leave a comment:

• Toker1
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, heating it will kill micro life. Just have to make sure the inside center of the material gets warm enough to do so.

• Toker1
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, heating it will kill micro life. Just have to make sure the inside center of the material gets warm enough to do so.

• SirSmksAlot
    commented on 's reply
    I know for my aquariums, if I'm going to add any stones or driftwood I'll make sure to boil them first to kill off anything that may be hanging out. That will be a cool bonsi mother if things wotk out!

• PhantomSulker
    commented on 's reply
    Well I hope that is not the case, the wood was frozen when I got it and it has been in the house for a month or so. I am planning to training the plant to grow around the driftwood.

• SirSmksAlot
    commented on 's reply
    I was going to ask the same question. Is it just decorative?

• Toker1
    replied
    What’s with the drift wood? I would be cautious about bringing in outside elements into the indoor grow room. Especially wood. It’s porous and can harbor bacteria that will thrive indoors with no natural predators to curb its populations.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X