Question about drip irrigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about drip irrigation

I am going to transplant two of my clones (7 weeks in veg cabinet) into smart pots and move them outside.
    I live in Southern Oregon and I am hoping that the weather will start to warm a bit.

I have a well and have setup a drip irrigation system for many outside plants.

So two quick questions, first what size smart pot (I am thinking 7 or 10 gal)
    I will be using FF Ocean Forest.
    What is the recommended dripper size? I have 1, 2, and 4 GPH drippers.

Well I guess this is way more than 2 questions LOL
    How about watering times ?

TIA
    Cannabis capsules 4 all ๐Ÿ’Š

First Grow Northern Lights

"I will always be improving "(tinkering)"
    "Not all those who wander are lost"
    J. R. R. Tolkien

The bigger the pot, the bigger the plant, the bigger the fruit.
    drippers will depend on watering times, I would say you would want three to four drippers per pot and it takes about 25% of the pots total capacity to saturate.
    4 1gph drippers running for 45 mins should water a 10 gallon pot completely. Still need to let it dry out before the next watering.
    hope this help, you have a lot of variables.
    Last edited by Mr.furley; 04-24-2019, 10:43 PM.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

I water for 8-10 min twice per week and feed once per week in between waterings.
      1 gallon fabric pots = 1 each 1/2 gallon per hr drip plant size 8-12โ€ tall 1x1ft wide.
      3 gallon fabric pots = 2 each 2 gallon per hour drip. Plant size 16-24โ€ tall 1.5x1.5ft wide.
      5 gallon fabric pots = 1 each 2 gallon per hour and 2 each 4 gallon per hour drip. Plant size 24-36โ€ tall 2x2 ft wide
      These numbers are what work for me. They are dependent on heat, light, RH, wind...and other factors. Let the plantโ€™s leaves tell you how to adjust water for your specific environment.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Thanks for the info that gives me a great starting point
        I just need to decide if the weather is ok to move these outside?

Anyone know about Southern Oregon weather?
        We are currently in a string of nice days temp in 70s daytime low in low 40s night
        13.75 hrs of daylight

I need room in my veg cabinet but could probably wait another week or so.
        Another option might be to re-pot them and move them outside during the day and then back inside at night

J. R. R. Tolkien

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          40 low is very low. Can kill sprouts, will slow growth of large plants for sure. Less than 14 hrs of daylight isnโ€™t much. Just make sure the plants wonโ€™t get tricked into blooming too early.

OK for a first time grower this is making my head hurt ๐Ÿ˜Ž

I think I have some time but here is my situation
        I have a veg cabinet and a flowering cabinet
        all setup with heat and lights on timers

I have 3 clones in my veg cabinet (9 weeks old, but took 4 weeks to root)
        I also am currently flowering one plant (link on my signature)

Veging at 18/6 I want to move two of these outside
        From what I hear there is a real chance they will start flowering then reveg

I have read about adjusting the light cycle to match the actual daylight
        I seem to remember seeing something about setting two different light cycle
        Like 14.5/4 & 1.5/4 but I don't know what that does

Also I want to keep one clone as a mother plant in my veg cabinet

Can someone explain this setup and would it be something I could do?

J. R. R. Tolkien

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          If you put them outside, they will see longer nights which is typically a cue to flower. So yes, I would agree. If they need to go outside, can you substitute a light during the dark cycle? It only takes an hour of light to break the dark cycle up and trick the plant into continuing to veg. Look up gas lantern technique. I use 12 on, 5.5 off. 1 on, 5.5 off and repeat in summer time to keep the heat low. That 1 hour of light in the middle of darkness keeps them in veg mode. I remove that hour of light when I want them to flower.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X