Good Foxtailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Foxtailing

I have never encountered it before, but foxtailing is normal for some Sativa starins. NebulaHaze describes it: When is it Normal for Buds to Put Out New Pistils?

It's important to remember that it is normal for some strains to put out new waves of pistils two or three times during the flowering stage, even without heat or light damage.

Sativa strains tend to do this the most, though it can happen to many different types of strains. Sometimes the new growth may even look like fox tails, but if it's happening evenly all over the plant chances are it's normal and caused by the strain 🙂

Fox tails and new white pistils are normal if they're staying small and happening evenly all over the buds. This type of fox tail is caused by the strain, not heat or light stress. You see this most commonly on Haze and Sativa strains.

New white pistils growing evenly on the bud
    My plant an unkown is looking very similar to the photo she provided. This was supposed to be a Gorilla Glue#4, but in no way does it resemble her "sister". Any guesses as to what this is? Yeah I know it's another mystery. One should really request that seeds be kept in their original packaging. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0240.JPG
Views:	807
Size:	2.34 MB
ID:	306940

I just finished running a Greenhouse Seeds Exodus Cheese. This is the second bean I've run, once outside last summer and on my winter indoor. Both had the same tendency to produce spiky colas. Thing was after waiting about 12 weeks, they all filled out nicely. Funky plant, decent smoke but too long to finish for my tastes.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Just ran a Durban Poison looked like that, Big spiral tops, Foxtails everywere, good yield of fluffy buds. It is most likely that your one plant is showing off her Sativa More then the other(there's a lot in there).
      Can't win the genetic lotto all the time, don't mean it's bad.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20190226_201300.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.81 MB ID:	306947
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

I have a Himalaya Blue Diesel doing this, I was disappointed at first but she is looking nice. She is Sativa dominate, in flower for over 100 days know,,,,

Comment

The other plant branched normally, and finished in the specified time. Produced fine smoke that the ladies love. This plant has one large cola with a ring of smaller colas at the base.. The pistils on this plant did not darken for the longest time. They were also short, and coarse. While waiting for the pistils to darken the plant started putting out new pistils on top of the old. Trichome count seemed low, and stayed clear. In comparing the two plants I would say they were not of the same strain.

Comment

Howdy starramus, I have had plants produce the 'fox tailing' buds (either from heat or light stress, usually at or near the end of the flowering phase. When sampling the fox tails, they seem to be more potent than the 'normal' buds (at least in my perception), I think that the plant, in a 'last ditch' effort to produce seeds, it packs more of the 'good stuff' into the final attempt. I now, when cleaning up the buds for jarring, I set the fox tails aside and keep the separate from the rest of the buds to enjoy later. I could be wrong in this theory, but it will not be the first time! LOL!
            Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X