New setup for grow #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New setup for grow #2

Toward the end of my first grow i got an itch to build a new setup for future grows. Grow #2 will only be 4 plants, but after that I'll have 6 in veg and 6 in flower as i move forward. Rooms are 4x6'9 veg and 6x6'9 flower. Going with buckets, using a pump to circulate water from their reservoir bucket to the three plant buckets and letting the 2 inch pvc return water back. Started everything in the flower room for this run but when i switch to following I'll put my new leds in and spread the buckets further apart to where they'll normally be. Running the 2 viparspectra 450s right now that'll be retired to veg only. The new fixtures (2 of them) are 5 Samsung 3000k 4ft led strips mounted on 2 inch wide heatsinks (about 4ft by 3ft per fixture). They'll be running at about 600 Watts per fixture, but are dimable down to almost nothing. I have plans to add some reds into the fixture as well but I'm still planning that out.

Currently have 2 black Russian clones that i took pretty late in flower and actually rooted, and 1 chemdawg and 1 Cinderella 99 that a friend brought me. Had a bit of a root problem on the black Russians but i seemed to have caught it in time and they're starting to grow again. One is growing all kinds of weird after revegging, the other is very small but just starting to get it's first new leaf. Hopefully i can take what i learned in my first grow and have some much happier plants this time around.

Awesome grow room!!!
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

So, how do I fit something like that in my 475 square foot apartment and not have it look obvious?
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

Thought I'd throw an update out there. Chemdawgs doing great, c99 is looking good. And one of the black Russian clones taken in flower is looking crazy! The other black Russian didn't make it through the root rot issue and it was also pretty small to begin with. I took a clone off this black Russian but I'm not trying real hard with it, figured if it grows great, it'll be way behind but might get me something. Really happy with the new setup so far! Everything seems crazy healthy. Once these are close to going into flower ill be growing out a clone from each + 3 seeds in an identical setup in the veg room. And having 6 growing in each room from then on out.

Comment

Another update from the second grow. Installed the new lights i built and currently have it dark for 24 hours before i go to 12/12. The clone i took to replace the dead one rooted and had just started growing, so that one will pretty much be going 12/12 immediately after it started growing again. Won't produce much I'm sure but it's space that was otherwise not being used. I took my clones for the next grow about 5 days ago and started a couple seeds as well, all are sitting in the veg room right now. Hoping to be running 6 pants next run and each run after. This grow, at least from the veg side of things, had been going great other than me not caring for the black Russian clones properly while trying to get the room together. Trying to avoid the problems i had last time by trying some defoliation, hopefully i didn't go too overboard. Plan on doing it again around week 3 of flower.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Very nice setup good space plants seem very happy.

I suppose I was worried for nothing when it comes to defoliating. 1.5 weeks after the switch and they're already bushes again. I planned on defoliating again around week three. It looks like i may need to take off a few more branches as well.

Comment

Hey Jsimo...nice plants and set-up. What happened to that giant net you had in your first set of pics? Maybe rather than cut any branches, you could SCROG em out. You have a lot of open space you could fill with some bending and tying.
            Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
            400W HPS Mag Ballast
            GH Floro - DWC
            Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
            - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
            IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
            Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
            GH Maxi Series-DWC
            Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
            - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
            - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

Originally posted by HappyDaze View Post
              Hey Jsimo...nice plants and set-up. What happened to that giant net you had in your first set of pics? Maybe rather than cut any branches, you could SCROG em out. You have a lot of open space you could fill with some bending and tying.
              I do still have the net, but the main problem is i left some lower branches on the front right plant that i don't think I'd ever get the other branches down to. That was the clone i took in flower of my last grow and it's basically a big cluster of branches coming out of the net pot, and all those branches branching. I may leave them if defoliating opens it up enough. I'd like to see what these lights can do.

Gonna look closer at it tonight, but if i can get that plant moved to the center right bucket it might have more space from the left two plants and may not interfere with the right rear plant due to that one being so small.

Comment

• HappyDaze
                HappyDaze commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah....the draw back of having individual buckets manifolded together is not being able to rebalance the height. I can't grow anything with adding support at some point.

Haven't updated in a while, but I'm a little over 3 weeks since the flip. Been gradually turning my leds up, had to get the mount for my driver's set up rather than have them mounted directly to the wall since they do get quite hot. Have them at 950 Watts from the wall, will max them out at 1200 by the weekend. I had a leaf issue on one of the bucket runs, after checking ppm it was almost half of the other so I'm not sure how that happened. Did a res change on that one this morning hoping it'll clear it up. The leaves affected were toward the top and only on the plants in that bucket setup.
              Last edited by Jsimo; 06-26-2019, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Almost 7 weeks since flip, 5 weeks since buds started showing. Pretty amazing the difference between this grow and last grow. Been battling heat pretty bad, been hot out the past few weeks and I'm currently in the process of getting ac installed in the house. House has been getting to 80 degrees during the day (luckily lights are off in the room then). Room has been getting into the 80s but everything's looking ok besides the plants seemingly blowing through nutrients a couple weeks back causing some deficiencies.

Adding about 2 gallons of water to each 15 gallon run each morning. Might be looking into a bigger reservoir or possibly combining the two runs at some point. This is only 4 plants, one of which had very little veg time and i plan on running 6. Can't imagine the water intake at that point.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X