Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lower leaves yellowing in the 4th week of flower, and older buds edges look burnt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lower leaves yellowing in the 4th week of flower, and older buds edges look burnt

I have a number of issues here. I have several plants in the 12 12 in various stages of flower. The one that is in the 6th week of flower has almost burnt looking Leaf edges not completely at the top but in the upper part. It also has yellowing leaves and very spindly weak branches. And I have several that are only in the beginning of their fourth week of flowering, and their lower leaves are becoming a pale yellow. I've done the best I could taking pictures. I'm using Botanicare nutrient line and I'm wondering if they're not getting enough Cal Mag? I've also been giving them Bud swell, the bat guano along with the Botanicare nutrient line. I've been giving them between 4 and 4 1/2 mil calmag. I need help here.
    Attached Files
    The earth does not belong to us.
    We belong to the earth.

Auto's and Super auto's in Coast of Maine
    Photos in Coast of Maine
    Nothern lights auto, AK48 auto, OG Kush auto Cookie G3 Super auto's
    PurePowerPlant photo, Sweet Zombie photo, Wonder woman photo
    3 & 5 & 7 & 10 gal 24/7 grow bags
    Recharge, molasses, Botanicare nutrient line
    12(6 in each room) 450 watt Viparspector LED
    (2) 6" Carbon filter and fans
    House of hydro foggers both veg and 12/12 rooms.
    8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)
    9 x 12' Flowering room (12/12 room)

Here are more photos of the leaves from the plants that are in their fourth week of flower
    We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
    8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

• Greenpassion
      Greenpassion commented
      Editing a comment
      Soiless promix bx, and I've been watering them at 6.2.

Soil or hydro? What has the PH been like this grow?
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

For soilless I follow hydro.. which means you need to let the PH fluctuate between 5.5 and 6.5. If you are hitting 6.1 every time, your plant won’t absorb all the nutrients it needs.

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Might want to check your medium’s manufacturers for their recommendations on upper and Lower limits for PH. But yes, essentially you got it. I would think keep flushing at 6.5 in until you are at least at 6.0-6.3run off in that case. But check with them to be sure.
        Last edited by Toker1; 04-25-2019, 10:52 AM.

• Greenpassion
        Greenpassion commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope I'm not trying your patience here, but I do appreciate the help for sure. What if my run off water turns out to be 6.5? Does that mean that it's not a nutrient problem and something else then?

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        If PH is 6.5 then I would say to lower it closer to 5.5. You need PH to range for hydro.

If you only ever adjusted to root zone ph to 6.5 I would be concerned about ability to absorb Phosphorus, Manganese, and Boron.

Comment

Okay. I guess my concern around watering them with just plain pH water is that they have to go another 5 days or so to dry out before they get any nutrients at all. That won't hurt them?
        We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
        8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

• Greenpassion
          Greenpassion commented
          Editing a comment
          I just got off the phone with Botanicare. The guy told me that I should be watering with a pH around 6.1 to 6.5. Which is what I've been doing.

• Greenpassion
          Greenpassion commented
          Editing a comment
          I just got off the phone with Botanicare. The guy told me that I should be watering with a pH around 6.1 to 6.5 When growing in a soilless mix. Which is what I've been doing. he wasn't very helpful. I explained the whole situation and his response was basically that I have to investigate which is exactly what I'm trying to do. He suggested that I could try adding more nitrogen. I asked him how to do that, and he said I could add some pro grow Which is what I use in the veg room. Are there other ways to increase nitrogen? I don't know what to use besides what I'm using now.

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Botnicare makes the nutrients only right? But they don’t make the soilless mix you are using, right? Contact the actual soilless mix manufacturing company. They will have a better idea.
          Last edited by Toker1; 04-25-2019, 02:00 PM.

Nebula adjusts coco (a form of soilless mix) to 5.5-6.5. I would ask pro mix (if that’s who manufactured the mix).

Comment

• Greenpassion
          Greenpassion commented
          Editing a comment
          At work at the moment, so I'll call them tomorrow. Thank you so much for your help and patience...

I would say fuck all that dealing with shady company’s and just start your next grow fully organic I can help you out. I’ll let you know what mix I have and what I feed mostly water. Then you won’t have to worry about ph or too much of this or too much of that. These guys selling bottled nutrients don’t know shit. Like going to a dispensary and asking those bud tenders anything they don’t know shit. Most bottled nutrients are 95% water and another 3% proprietary lol look up what that means you’ll soon realize I might as well just feed water. Maybe the lights are too close??? Also another way to get nitrogen into your soil is cover crop clover will do that for you all natural.

Comment

Water is inorganic by definition. So to say you have a fully organic grow, it’s not 100% accurate. Are you skipping watering them?
          I don’t see switching to organic being a great option for a beginner grower that is learning how to read their plants conditions. Organic nutes take a long time to become available for the plant to use. This makes reading the conditions and making adjustments much more difficult if you don’t have much experience with what to look for. Feed schedules are proven and take much of the variability away from the feeding process. Variability in this process leads to the majority of issues I see with beginners on this site.
          Do you mean concentrated nutrients? I assume you must mean after dilution? Are you trying to say that bottled organic nutrients are not 95% water? Failing to see the comparison made there.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X