A question of flowering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question of flowering

Coming from an era that what seed you had you found in the bag, I'm confused on the "Flowering time".
    Exactly when do you start counting the "8 to 10" week flowering time. I assumed that it started when you switched to 12/12.
    With my current grow the time line is becoming much longer then the guidelines on the pack.
    Are the guidelines a SWAG if used perfectly or is the timeline initiated later than switching the lights?

I'm pretty sure this has been asked before, but my searches were coming up empty.

Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
    A tale of two seeds
    Batter Up Sour Deisel
    Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
    New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
    Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Most companies go by when the first pistils show. A few go by the switch to 12/12. If you call and ask them they will let you know.

However they are always giving the quickest times possible and I usually figure on about 2 weeks longer than stated. Nirvanas Wonder Woman always finishes about 2 weeks quicker than stated. So go figure.
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

It depends on how long you veg for. If you veg a few weeks (before sexual maturity) and switch to 12-12 then the flower time time countdown begins at the first sign of pistols (as stated above). If you veg the plant to sexual maturity (pre-pistol hairs already showing) then the flower time countdown starts right when you flip to 12-12.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Thanks Guys, next year will have a brand new plan!
        Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
        A tale of two seeds
        Batter Up Sour Deisel
        Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
        New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
        Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I just started not counting the first week of 12/12 as part of flowering, or what they said above: at first sign of pistils, which is week 2 of 12/12. I also leave my plants in 36 hours' darkness when I make the switch.

• RagWeedDWC
          RagWeedDWC commented
          Editing a comment
          Years ago in a forum far away, "Overgrow.com" before it was taken down that was the hot topic, turning the lights off before flowering and before harvesting. I have no ideal if it works or not, but folks I trust swear by it.
          Thank you, I think going forward I'm going to start with the Pistils, I think when the clones finish it will be closer to the days on the seeds

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          You give the plant darkness at harvest so that the starches have time to be consumed by the plant before chopping. Starches are harsh when smoked. So it gives a smoother final product.
          Some give darkness at flip to really message the plant that the long nights period has arrived. I find this step to be unnecessary, but will save a bit of electricity when the lights are off.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X