Root rot question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Root rot question

Hey all, at some point while storing these clones in a 1 bucket bubbler, fairly carelessly, while trying to get the new room at least partially ready to accept them, it appears i got a case of root rot. I've made up a fresh solution of nutes including hydroguard and it's looking pretty promising that it had stopped spreading. I'm wondering does it look like I'm in the clear for now, and should i cut off the effected roots or just leave them?

A bit better pictures

Comment

Just leave them. You will get new roots growing soon enough. Don't want to Stunt her by chopping up roots. Keep up with the hydrogaurd and if you can chill your water with a chiller or even frozen water bottles. Aim for around 65f. I had temps in the 70s over the summer and with hydrogaurd I never got root rot.
      640 watt hlg quantum board
      320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
      300 watt mars hydro sp3000
      150 watt hlg quantum board
      100 watt spider farmer led x2
      organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
      Water only i don't check ph
      6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

Alright I'll leave them. The temps are at almost exactly 65f, i think i just didn't change the solution in the single bucket and wasn't really lightproofing the best while just holding them temporarily. The new bucket line i built got cloudy and started to smell so i changed the solution and it's staying clear now. But now the second bucket line i built that's got two rooted clones a friend gave (also held temporarily in the single bucket) looks to be cloudy as well. The roots in that one look good so far but I'll be changing the solution tonight just in case. Just got some water staged up and ready for it. Didn't have any issues with roots on my first grow but that was in a completely different system

Comment

If you leave the dead roots in the water, you will risk further infection. Remove them, then allow the plant to recover.
          if the roots are just sick (not dead), leave them and they will recover.
          Last edited by Toker1; 04-17-2019, 03:28 PM.
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I had a case of root rot, I took each plant to the kitchen sink (this was during flower, so they were full grown), and rinsed them vigorously under cool running water, removing the brown stuff with my fingers. There were lots of white roots underneath, and the dead parts came off easily, they were mushy.

Good save, Jsimo
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
            Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Ok, I'll give them a more thorough check tonight, they're small enough that washing them in some cold water and taking off any dead stuff would be easy enough thankfully

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                YOU don't need to take the drastic measures I did! Since the roots are so small, you don't want to traumatize them! But you can certainly feel if there are white roots alive under the brown gunk, or if it all comes off easily.

I hope some others weigh in.

I did rinse them off and stroked them a bit with my fingers to see if anything would come loose. This morning it seemed that the new white roots are taking over the brown quite a bit more than last night tho so i think it's looking up!

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Yay! Good rooties!!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X