Flushed My Plants For Final 2 weeks Buds Looking Purple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Flushed My Plants For Final 2 weeks Buds Looking Purple

So same strains solid green entire grow perfect grow perfect manifold on these two plants its been perfect for my second Grow but i flushed both days ago they should be finishing up real soon 70 day mark is on the 24th.

My one plant wen't yellow at the flush looks normal but my second one went weird burnt like leaves and purple buds and leaves should i harvest asap or?

I am shook cause it's the massive Cola's and like so close to harvest

Some strains turn purple, what strain is it? What has your low temperature been, below 68ish can bring out purple.

don't harvest early.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Shankemdirty
      Shankemdirty commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for quick response was shook lol like a week away to harvest they are massive compared to what i did my first grow they have a perfect frame one is bulky other one is tall both are same strains.

It Has dropped below 65 a few times is purple bad or? Why is the leaves orange burnt and the other plant normal yellow Same strains Crop king seed Cali Og Kush Haze Feminized

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Purple weed is not bad.
      Flushing your plant is removing of what nutrient you can by starving the plant and forcing it to use up what is stored in the leaf.
      That is why it is yellowing and turn all different colors and it is perfectly normal in the end of life, but not in the other stages.
      Last edited by Mr.furley; 04-17-2019, 05:11 AM.

Here is a few more pictures

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice looking buds.

I agree with Mr.furley, your plant looks good and normal to me. Nice buds!

Comment

This is what my plant looked at harvest. Blue tooth. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190405_191627.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	3.33 MB
ID:	305355
      You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Sexy time.

But it looks beautiful. Your plant i mean.
      You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Harlequin x Otto 1. Just before harvest.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20181120_171918.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	2.49 MB
ID:	305371
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181118_025751.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	305370
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Spidermite
          Spidermite commented
          Editing a comment
          Very nice my friend. Beautiful

Purple is the breakdown of chlorophyll in certain strains. Comes with genetics and lower temps (as mentioned above). It’s ok for end of harvest, but if experienced too early in flower, yields can be affected. It’s the same thing as the tree leaves turning orange in the fall.
        IMO, the flavor is better in lower temp grows that turn purple.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Spidermite
          Spidermite commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes my winter plants almost always turn purple. The night temps get to about 60. To me they seem stronger and as toker says they taste much better to me. But it also looks really cool after you trim them up real nice. I hand trim my purple buds. They come out super pretty.

And yes its the last couple weeks they turn purple. At the same time the leaves start to yellow from the flush. Again as Toker stated.

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I heard once before that the genetics that come from desert strains have the ability to turn purple. Have not really experimented with that idea though. So who really knows. 🤷🏼‍♂️
          There seem to be some strains that never turn no matter how cold it gets. My guess would be that those strains are naturally found closer to the tropics. This is just me speculating.

• Spidermite
          Spidermite commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes 2 out of 5 strains turned purple. The others just grew as normal.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X