Purple leaves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Purple leaves?

Do I have a problem here? I’m on day 34 of flowering & I did my final defoliation Saturday & fed them yesterday, week 9 flora trio schedule plus cali/mag; 5.80 ph 900ppm, runoff was 6.30 ph,. I am growing under 2 Viparspectra 450 watt LED’s at 16 inches above scrog, buds are above scrog a bit. 76 degrees F & 46% humidity.

I’ve grown this strain (unknown bag seed) for several years and I’ve never seen the sugar leaves turn purple before? The buds started darkening a few days ago.

What’s the opinion?
    Last edited by SDwy; 04-15-2019, 10:30 AM.
    If weed is healthy...why am I so broken down?

Comment

Had a hell of a time getting the photos to post, lol

Comment

I’m guessing this is a photoperiod strain based on your reference to bag seed. Is 76 the temperature with lights on? Do you know the temperature when the lights are off? When I grew OG Kush it would purple off like that when I grew it in late Fall-Spring. If your temperature drops 8-10 degrees to 66-68 degrees at lights off some strains will do this in the second half of flower.
        Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

• SDwy
          SDwy commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes it is photoperiod and the temperature is 76 F with lights on and drops to about 68 or so when the lights are off. I've grown this weed for two years indoor and out and have never seen purple leaves before. This is my first LED grow so I wondered if it was that. The plant has been extraordinarily healthy the entire grow.

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with the temp drop I'm seeing that with 2 of my autos in flower sitting on a enclosed porch outside in the tent. Have 4 going 2 choc.skunk 2 kushberry? 00seeds all autos. Power loss for a week, moving them in and out trying to save the grow lots of issues. Still plugging along looking better but got the purple stems. Yield won't be great but I don't worry bout purple stems this late in flower. Guess that's all i'm sayin, your plants look good.

you just got a purple pheno, even being the same strain, same mother and same father, every seed/plant is slightly different, this is called a phenotype, its the unique physical expression of the dna of the parents, just like you could have a bunch of children with the same partner and every child will be biologically unique

Comment

• SDwy
          SDwy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks I was a little concerned when I noticed a few purplish leaves the other day, but this morning when I opened the door I was like oh shit all the flowers are purple. I "accidentally" broke off a small bud the day before yesterday and quick dried it in the microwave for a taste and I was surprised how good it is already!

She looks REALLY purple under the LED, her sister is still green. They smell amazing! When I’m done harvesting these girls & their young clones, I’m gonna miss these plants! They have taught me how to grow weed over the last few years. My next grow will be seeds from Nirvana, a White Widow auto & an OG Kush auto! I think I’m ready!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Your plants look great. I have 2 WW auto under t5 about a wk old and just put 3 little fem. photo ww into soil for outdoor grow but they won't be ready to go outside for a month. We like indica a lot.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X