No announcement yet.

The connection between leaves and stems is getting damaged and fast spreading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The connection between leaves and stems is getting damaged and fast spreading

In the last days some plants are showing a pattern of deterioration right at the bottom of the leaves, in the area of connection between leaves and stems. We cannot find a diagnosis picture in the net that would resemble this.I would really appreciate some help with this issue. I am posting two pictures.

Have you checked for bugs?

Comment

• Mar
      Mar commented
      Editing a comment
      They don't have bugs that I can see.

do you use city water? something changed recently

Comment

• Mar
      Mar commented
      Editing a comment
      Well water.

did you spill some nutes on them? Weird that its not elsewhere on plant.

Comment

• Mar
      Mar commented
      Editing a comment
      I have sprayed them with defender.

On my screen it looks like you have white stuff on the end half of the leaf. Could that be from dried nutes that didn't have a chance to puddle? More like loosely wipe dried? See if rubs off with a little spit on your finger.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Mar
      Mar commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, I will have a look.

The plants are not improving with anything I am using. I took this picture today.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Mar The leaves are showing other symptoms as well. The growth seems choked out. I agree that a good flush would be the place to start, and also make sure that there are no bugs, because lots of cannabis pests aren't readily visible to the naked eye.

by Nebula Haze Table of Contents Why Flush Cannabis in the First Place? Which growers should flush? How to prevent the need to flush How to Flush a Sick Marijuana Plant (without harming it) How to Fix Incorrect pH Without Flushing

Maybe stop doing anything except a water flush, if they're not already wet? Can you pull the plant out of it's pot to check the soil on the bottom?
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

It almost looks like they are burnt. Is there any chance there could be a super focused beam of light hitting your plants? Just a thought

Comment

It would sure help if you gave us all the grow deals like soil?coco?hydro? PH?age?Light size?kind? instead of us having to guess.

I think You have Bugs, got a loupe?

Spider mites are a common cannabis pest that can be very difficult to get rid of. Learn how to spot and treat at the first signs of these nasty pests.

You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Whats with the purple/red looking stems? is that normal for this strain?

other leaves are sprinkeld with small white spots...

Phosphorus deficiencies cause dark splotches on leaves and can appear at the bottom of the plant on some of the oldest leaves. Learn to spot & fix the issue.
          GreenQube 1.5m x 3.0m x 2.2m tent
          2x CDMH 315W lights
          870m3/hr fan
          8 x 42L DIY DWC buckets, 2 airstones each

Comment

I'm with Mr. Furley, those white spots may indicate spider mites or some other nasty. Check undersides of leaves with a loupe or magnifying scope. Lady bugs are pretty good predators for some cannabis pests (aphids and spider mites and probably others). GL!
            4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

yea I agree the bug thing looks likely .

Comment

The LED lights are four feet from the plants. The white spots on the leaf is a remnant of the defender soap spray. We are on a well water and that was never an issue in the past five years. Under a microscope there is no sign of any insect past or present. The problem started with three plants getting infected one after the other - all Crown Royal strain. Then it jumped on to a plant next to them - Cali OG. Next was a plant twenty feet away.
                The damage is done to the new growth on top of the plants and end of the branches. I have seen something like this few times in the past on clones. Did anyone seen this before? if yes, how did you deal with it? By the way, the roots are flushed and not affected.
                Thank you

Comment

This is from an iron def. ? Just a thought ? why-cannabis-leaves-yellow

Comment

What do the plants look like now?
                    It looks like whatever this is started at the top of the plant. Has it spread down?
                    Have the infected leaves died completely or stayed as you show in the pictures in #6 above? This is either foliar or systemic. If it's foliar it's either airborne or contact. Not lights. If it's systemic something in some step of your nutes/soil/water. I had to throw away the end of a bottle of fertilizer because it got to smelling like every dead fish and seagull poo encrusted coastal rock you can remember ever smelling. I had to change water because what I was using turned out to be over 7 whatever unit PH. These are just my examples of sudden changes and unknown issues I overlooked.
                    I'm going systemic because it looks like it hit the tops first and is effecting the same part of the leaf, and you are certain it's not bugs.
                    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                    3x3x6

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X