Calculating Grams per Watt with LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calculating Grams per Watt with LED

Couldn't find much about this after Google searching. Is G/w with an LED fixture calculated with draw power, or rated power.

My viparspectra is 450W, 200W draw. My last grow had a 4 week veg, and I got 53.03g which is fine, but more would be better (gonna do a longer veg). I also harvested pretty early for a buzzy high. So my g/w is either .11, or .27. Pretty different so just wondering. I figured it is the rated power.
    2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
    6" inline fan w/ carbon filter (passive air intake)
    Two 6 fans in tent for airflow
    260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

You can go by actual watts pulled from the wall. Running two of your lights uve gotten a best of a bit over 500 grams dry
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Honestly, when I was running a blurple fixture 1g/watt of actual power consumption was the goal. My last yield using current tech led's netted me over 2g/watt.
      Focus on improving your techniques and better yields will come.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Spidermite
        Spidermite commented
        Editing a comment
        If your getting 2g a watt you must have a tall space to work in. Id love to see 2g a watt grow. Join in the auto grow off. This spring summer we are doing photos autos and outside.

I think it's actual power draw at the wall.
      4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

Originally posted by WizardsNThings View Post
        Couldn't find much about this after Google searching. Is G/w with an LED fixture calculated with draw power, or rated power.

My viparspectra is 450W, 200W draw. My last grow had a 4 week veg, and I got 53.03g which is fine, but more would be better (gonna do a longer veg). I also harvested pretty early for a buzzy high. So my g/w is either .11, or .27. Pretty different so just wondering. I figured it is the rated power.

Locate the ratings on the nameplate, multiply rated amperage by voltage (commonly 120 volts) and you have wattage.

Example 1.2 amps at 120 volts = 144 watts.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X