Adding humidity to a small space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding humidity to a small space

The humidity in my 1'x2' veg chamber is in the mid 40's. How can I up this?
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

A wet towel, pail of water, small humidifier are a few options

Comment

Mid 40's isn't to bad though imo

Comment

If I had this problem which I don't (I battle the opposite this time of year in my tent) I would place wet towels hung from tent frame. My tent sits outside in screened in patio, I battle with high humidity when lights are out. But also battle with too low of temps at the same time when lights are out. Purple stems happen. I use spiral cfl 54watt for keeping heat up, sm fan helps. Oregon is pretty damp during spring for doing outdoor tents but it's legal.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          I put a dish towel in a container of water on the top shelf of my veg chamber and am experimenting by taking the shelf liner off so there's only a mesh between the top and bottom. Would it be a good idea to put a fan over the container of water? I can't trust the hygrometers I have. I have ten of them laid out on my counter. I have RH's between 55 and 61, with three being 58. Still, I know it's low in the veg.
          What do you mean about the purple stems? I saw a thread a while ago about what causes them. The commonest answer was genetics.
          Since we're talking about 9 fingered fan leaves, I found a whole entire plant with 'em. Must mean I'm about to grow the greatest weed that dope smoking folk in legal dope smoking lands have ever smoked, dab, vaped, vaporizer'd, eaten, or tinctured. And whatever I'm forgetting.

I have a couple of gallon and a half humidifiers . One in each tent and seems to work well.

Comment

My space is too small to put anything but seedlings/clones in. No humidifiers.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

• stump
            stump commented
            Editing a comment
            you would be surprised how small they make them .

Well I'll be a sunuva gun! There's one that's not even six inches tall! 350ml! That's alien technology. That might be my only solution.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Crazy new technology coming at us fast. About the purple stems It happens to me because of temps. Every time my power gets interrupted for days at a time and I move them inside near a window, then back outside to enclosed porch. I have humidity near 70% in a.m. I have a small fan, open the tent door. Yes genetics do play a role I found out also. I have 4 autos going now 2 cheeseberry 2 choc. skunk began those indoors under small t5 jan. 30th. suppose to be 90day but it's going to run a lot longer do to my issues with grow climate. Totally messed up grow this time down to 1 450 viperspectra and 1 54watt cfl not rockin this grow at all with 4 plants in currently flowering. Heat light temps. air soil get that all together without mother natures temper tantrums I do alright.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X