Oh, for...ARGH!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, for...ARGH!

My current plant was just shy of harvest (I had been battling PH and mite issues but things seemed to be under control), and decided to suddenly drop all her fan leaves so I decided to chop. I go in to start cutting and I find this on the main stem (pic)

WTF is this stuff and is anything I harvest from the plant safe? Smaller branches seem to be unaffected, but everything is quite definitely dry (maybe too dry).
    ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

That is something ive never seen. Can we get someone here who knows what the hell the alien being is on his plant?
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

That looks a whole lot like scale. I'm not going to give you remedies because I've only treated it on outdoor garden plants. Google it.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• Colombo
        Colombo commented
        Editing a comment
        I would agree, they been there for awhile! Sucked the plant dry.

Yowza. I have no idea how I got these things...unless one of us brought in something that was infested, but none of our other plants (either my weed or roomie's other houseplants) are showing signs of anything weird. My two vegging plants seem fine, I'm gonna scrub the hell out of the tent before putting anything else in there.
      ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry. I meant dish soap. Not oil.

• uncledoug
        uncledoug commented
        Editing a comment
        Gingerbeard's solution also works great to remove Skunk spray from your dog or yourself.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        That is some ugly ass shit on your plant!!!

"scale" = bugs?

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep. Little sap suckers and honeydew poopers. Google 'scale insect'.

Learn how to identify and get rid of barnacles & scales that hangout under stems and leaves, and prevent these bugs from ever attacking your cannabis again.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X