No announcement yet.

Need help my plant split in two!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Need help my plant split in two!!!

So with this grow i tried the mainlining technique as my last grow grew all over and got a bit out of control. Keep in mind this is my second grow ever so any help will be appreciated!!
    So about a week or two ago i transplanted my plant into the final bucket and used some "pipe cleaner wire" to keep the branches all in place to get a nice even canopy, I had been using this technique for a few months until i transplanted so was under the impression i can keep on with it as it works well and the plant was is growing like a beast before and after transplant.
    But yesterday i noticed for the first time a huge split in the stem of the plant that was not there the day before... i immediately loosened all the wires to take the tension off the middle and tied some wire around it to try hold it together a bit but looking at it today.... no luck... so i want to ask is the plant going to die or suffer form this now? should i just switch to 12/12 and try finnish this grow? or can i keep on with the veg ? i dont really know why it did that as the wires were hardly even holding the branches down...
    so please have a look at the pictures and let me know what you think and what i should do from here... Thanks!!!

Happened to me as well and used a piece of duct tape to hold it together and then remove it later when it heals.

Comment

alright man so no need to end the grow or anything like that?

Comment

I think we've all done it a time or two. A little cloning gel or honey, some duct-tape strips and crossed fingers. Then just keep on keeping on.

Comment

Any kind of tape will work.
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

awesome !!! thanks guys ill put some honey on n tape it up and hope for the best!

Comment

I had that happen because I was doing too much LST when the plant got bigger. I was pulling branches down more than the trunk could handle. There were no adverse effects in the end. Maybe stop LST? Even easing up on a branch or two to relieve stress? And I guess what the other folks said. I guess.
              More elephant!

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6

Comment

tip i read from Mr.furley , some root growth hormone on the split stem to help it heal up....
                and tape up
                GreenQube 1.5m x 3.0m x 2.2m tent
                2x CDMH 315W lights
                870m3/hr fan
                8 x 42L DIY DWC buckets, 2 airstones each

Comment

Alright guys thank you for all the help !! I have put some honey on the crack (as I dont gave any kind of root gel) and taped her up I'll keep a close eye for the next couple days and see what happens 👍

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X