Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need help! Black spots on leaves? yellow on leaves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help! Black spots on leaves? yellow on leaves?

I'm experiencing multiple different symptoms in different quadrants of my grow. I'm looking for any and all advice on this.

Some details:
    All organic soil
    1200w Morsen Light (nearly 24/7... 0.5hrx3 off to cool down light)
    5x5x6.5 Grow tent
    6" fan and carbon filter
    2 fans for circulation
    scrog net

This is my second grow now. 4 x White Widow Autos. This is also the first time I have used a scrog net. Looking for assistance particularly on the various different symptoms that have popped up. Although I'd say overall things are looking okay I want to make sure that things stay that way...

Recently I was looking at potential deficiencies/ problems and made some additions:
    Added more kelp and rock phosphate to the top of the soil.
    Moved light further away.
    pH level in water is ALWAYS maintained between 6.0-7

Q1: (Upper left) Seems to be actually more mature than the others.... Interesting because this plant started off rough, I didn't think it was going to make it when I transplanted it.
    Q2: (Upper right) I have yellow ridged leaves. Also seems more mature than Q3,Q4
    Q3: (Bottom left) The core appears to have yellowish leaves with black spots on them.
    Q4: (Bottom right) Similar as Q3.

Any help would be appreciated! Any advice on any observations welcomed! If you have any questions I will answer.

Live long and prosper.

Flush them???
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Pic #1 is Calcium & Magnesium deficiency
      Pic #2 is Potassium deficiency- and likely pH out of range, as other leaves are dark and glossy
      Pic #3 and beyond- the light is too close- along with above issues.
      It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

• CaptPicard
        CaptPicard commented
        Editing a comment
        What would the best all organic solutions be for those deficiencies?
        Calcium -
        Magnesium -
        Potassium -

• Weed Pharma
        Weed Pharma commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not an all organic grower, so wouldn't recommend something I haven't had experience with.
        Others who grow all organic, will provide some answers.

• Colombo
        Colombo commented
        Editing a comment
        Earth juices for all organic growing. Here is some reading info based on use. I will be purchasing these for my spring/summer grow that will be all organic. hope it helps with your decision ! Good Growing !! https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/...th-juice.1816/

i would get some microbiological in your regimen to help balance/buffer ph, I use “recharge”. And I wouldnt try to chase deficencies with dry amendments. Get a liquid nutrients and give them well rounded diet for a watering or two. I’ve never used this brand of nutrient yet but it’s on the list to do, biobizz. Also mammoth p might be helpful too.

im throwing ideas out there ... good luck

Comment

I should’ve elaborated a bit more... I’ve only done 2 fully organic grows and the last had defiencies. I’m learning.

that being said you have many options to tackle this. Crab meal is great source of calcium plus it has moderate nitrogen. Fish bone meal for phosphorus and langbeinite for potassium, magnesium, and sulfur. And kelp because it has light npk and micro nutrients. Can’t over do kelp, growth hormone power house.

Buy recharge for your micro organisms to break down this fast as well crushed malted barley ( home brew store stocks this) for enzymes to really speed this up.

And earth worm castings can substitute for the recharge but I do both.

But since we are chasing problems, I would use a liquid nutrient. these dry amendments take a couple weeks to break and supply the plant.

i use down to earth ingredients and they have a biolive dry ammendment that has a 5-4-2 npk plus micro organisms in it already. Haven’t bought that yet, next grow!

I wouldn’t exceed 1/2 cup total amendments top dressed at one time whatever products you put in. I always worry about things getting breaking down and creating too much heat for the roots.

I’m no expert but trying.

Comment

Photos of what I have so you can see the npk values. Hope this helps!
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks all!

Schwaggy, it seems to be rapidly getting worse...

I've added azomite, some rock phosphate, and worm castings. I'll add some more kelp as well based on your recommendation. I only have dry amendments.... i may add a bit of dolomite lime as i heard its a good cal-mag option. Things were going so well... i hope i see some improvement soon! This is the last stretch.

Comment

I've added CalMag to my water. Should I expect the leaves go back to normal or will things just not get worse? so far things look the same but it doesn't appear to be getting worse.

Comment

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                Things won't reverse, they just don't get worse.

• CaptPicard
                CaptPicard commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the reply Mr.Furley! Things are stable, although its not pretty in that area. I think it has taken a toll on how fast the buds grow. I'm probably going to wait a bit longer to harvest. I'll attach latest pictures (as of today)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X