Thoughts on this growing set-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Thoughts on this growing set-up

So I'm looking into starting grow but have very little space to do so and I have to do this stealthy. The best place I've got available is a closet. Sadly most tents that I've looked at recently won't quite fit. So I found this:

Because of the size of it, it'll fit perfectly in the spot I'd like to use while remaining as hidden as I'd like. My questions are is it worth it, does it cover most or all the bases to start a grow, and where does this thing lack? But for the most part I feel like this is the right direction I should go with unless y'all had anything else in mind for small space ninja grows.

If you’re willing to spend the money & you’re happy with smaller yields I think you could make it work.
    However is it possible in the same location to have a taller object?
    Perhaps building one using the ‘supercloset’ as a reference could benefit you better in the future. Will be cheaper and you could use better lighting because of the increased height.
    Im sure there are plenty of DIY grow cabinets around the internet.
    Im just a shy guy with a big dick.

Comment

• Eudox00
      Eudox00 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow! Didn't realize I was so focused on the width of it to fit, that I completely disregarded the height. Thanks mate, gotta put on the thinking cap for a while now.

Hey Eudox, I strongly recommend against buying the supercloset: I had a smaller one and it was a complete waste of a thousand bucks. Maybe the taller one works a lot better, but I felt it was very cheaply made and put together.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Get the absolute tallest tent/cabinet/space you can get. Like said above you will be able to use much better lights which will increase yields. More importantly you can grow taller plants. Taller plants with stronger lights can grow taller buds and increase your yield significantly.

Things to watch, heat/temp exchange, humidity, max height of plant with the light you choose, and ease in working around the plants. If your growing photo plants you also need to make sure it can completely block all light.

alltatup above has experience growing in small spaces so a great reference for questions.
      You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	roommate.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	303274 This is a picture of the box I grow in, and it's a great grow box, but definitely has its drawbacks. I bought it for stealth--i.e., it doesn't give off any bud aroma because of the charcoal filter, and it has a lock although I've never used it.

It can become nearly impossible to reach the two plants in the back of the box when they are in full bloom. It's hydroponic, so I can't remove plants to tend to them. Growing in an enclosed space can be a challenge in terms of removal of hot air and circulation of fresh air. I had to make various accomodations in order to keep my temperatures right--something that's very important, especially during flower.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

How much space do you have? What are the dimensions of the closet? I assume you are literally talking about a closet - so the door swings out toward you, right? Is it on an exterior or an interior wall? How are you going to bring in power?

Comment

I have a 2'x3'x4.5' tent in my closet Got it through Hydrobuilder. An added bonus that it's a dual chamber perpetual harvest tent. You can do separate chambers or open it up for a 2x3.

They also have grow tent kits with everything you need. The price of the tent has gone up since I got mine but I would buy it again.

More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

You might think about splitting your closet into two areas. Protect the floors from liquids, provide good air flow and use one side (divided horizontal) for both clones, veg and mothers.
              Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
              A tale of two seeds
              Batter Up Sour Deisel
              Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
              New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
              Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X