San Diego water experience and mini grow journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

San Diego water experience and mini grow journal

I've been leaving half a dozen water bottles on my patio for watering all my plants: tent grown and living room plants. I tested it and it comes out at pretty near 7.5 PH! I've been nute-ing and flowering and flushing with 7.5 PH water. The same as the foul water I get out of my taps. Leaving water to off gas has nothing to do with the PH. I didn't have a way to check it until a little bit ago. My machine filtered water looks to be right dang at 6.5.
    Could the high PH be a factor with the male sacs and the seeds I've gotten on my current plant?
    My PH testing kit says using distilled water is preferred. I don't have distilled water and won't get a gallon for a few CC's of water. Enjoying some freshly made taffy/peanut butter texture wax for breakfast, I noticed the water condensing under the glass lid of the pot I was boiling water in for coffee. I pulled the lid off and let the condensation drip into a cleaned out medicine bottle. I did that a couple times and had myself a little more than enough distilled water to do the test. Someone forward this to Heloise.
    My humidity stays between 42 when they're asleep and 53 when the light is on, in my flowering chamber. The temp stays in the 70's.
    3 gallon pots are going to limit what I can grow. I will only be able to grow one plant of decent size once I get things dialed in and don't defoliate so often. I could fit four or five, one gallon pots. Growing bag seeds will probably mean different strains with different heights. Training and fitting would be bothersome. Two gallons will give me one backup if I go male or hermie. So far, I've had one of each out of, perhaps, 9 different bag seeds.
    So much to learn.
    24"x24"x54" flowering chamber with a 2 level 24"x12"x54" veg chamber. Cuts way down between harvests.
    Black Magic soil.
    GO Box nutrients
    Double T5's for vegging. Not sure for how long (current plant).
    Viparspectra 350 watt dimmable LED for flowering for 11 weeks (current plant).
    2 gallon pots. The current plant is in a 3 gallon pot. Even at it's small size the plant takes up the space. After having to do major trimming for the pollen sacs, the plant that was filling the space with bud got whacked. Had it gone full male, I would be without a flowering plant for another couple months. When my current two, two gallons move to flowering, I figure I have better than a 50/50 chance of at least one female.
    The pictures are of my fifth plant. The best so far because I didn't defoliate the hell out of it throughout. Next time I'm going to follow Nebula Haze's 3x defoliation tutorial. Hooray to Nebula and Sirius. Keep on truckin'.
    So much to learn...
    The first and second pictures are tonight, 10ish days since the emergency defoliation of the third picture.
    Last edited by Gingerbeard; 04-05-2019, 11:00 PM.
    αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X