No announcement yet.

Mystery Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that photo of #1 bud is pretty terrible...this one is better...

Comment

buds on #2 are starting to look strange...foxtails? nanners? thoughts?

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't see any nanners; can you show some comparison pics of the other buds?

What looks strange to you?

Is it too hot or are the lights too close?

• JuanHondo
        JuanHondo commented
        Editing a comment
        i dunno...maybe it's normal...i feel like i see "clumps" of sugar leaves in the first 3 pics...what looks like a nanner to me would be at the "3 O'Clock" position on the 4th pic...maybe i'm just paranoid...

Kinda looks like a nanner on 4th pic looks like maybe 2 others on left side of pic. Maybe pull them off see what they are

Comment

I see nanners on the 4th pic at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock, same as what KTM690 is seeing. Try removing them with a tweezers, very gently. Unfortunately, nanners can pollinate the plant they are on and other nearby plants
        4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

saw a few more on another bud this morning...i'll pull them off and hope for the best. nothing on the other plant so far.

Comment

ok, i plucked off about 5...not sure how productive this was though since they kind of got smashed and I'm not sure i got the whole nanner...they were deep in the buds. everything else looks great though and they are 6 full weeks since switching to 12/12 so I'm hopeful this won't be a total loss...

Comment

Won't be a loss just try to keep picking it can get crazy I've been there. But all said even if you get seeds which you prolly will the smoke will still b good. Last time I grew photos I had a issue and got hermied from light issue but the bud was great goid luck

Comment

I checked my light height and it was ~14" from the top of the plants...a bit more from the buds with manners...i didn't really pay close attention to it since there were no signs of burning, but i'm going to move it up to 18"...does that seem like a good idea?

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Stress can cause a plant to hermie, and too much heat can cause stress. Have you seen this chart about light strength and distance from plants? https://www.growweedeasy.com/how-far-grow-lights

Your grow won't be a total loss, Juan. I got nanners and seeds once and the bud was still excellent. That's when I learned the lesson of too much heat during flowering. It's late enough in flower that you prolly won't get lots of mature seeds. Just do your best to snip off those nanners without spilling any; take your time and do it right. Your buds will thank you!!
                  Last edited by alltatup; 04-13-2019, 03:44 PM.

photos from this morning. this is 6 full weeks after switching to 12/12. other than the 5 nanners I plucked off yesterday things are looking pretty good. based on allatup's comments and additional reading, i've moved the light up to be 18" from the top...it had been at about 14". i hadn't seen any signs of heat/light stress at 14" so I figured the closer the better...but it seems like they can still be light stressed which can't help the hermie or foxtail (i think 2 has a small foxtail issue) situation...so i'm sticking with 18". i'm still just feeding 1/2 strength Bloom + cal/mag. Adding a daily banana hunt...none this morning so fingers crossed. 5-10% of pistils are turning dark and curling, buds are getting fatter, and it's starting to smell really nice in the tent...sweet and fruity

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bee yoo tiful!! Hang in there with the nanner hunt on a daily basis, and you're going to have to clean your grow room carefully to make sure there's no pollen.

When I got nanners, most of the seeds I found after I harvested were immature, so I know that most of the energy had gone into making flowers instead of seeds. At the stage you're at, that's what will happen I betchya.

Looking great your gonna have some nice buds there

Comment

• JuanHondo
                  JuanHondo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  thanks man, i'm looking forward to tasting these...hopefully won't be too much longer...

• KTM690
                  KTM690 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm watching my Widow cure lol waiting to cut a few others. The suspense kills me

Photos from today. 7 weeks and 2 days since switching to 12/12. Plucked off about a dozen nanners today after being out of town for 4 days. I'm a lot less concerned about them now after the initial banana panic. Pistils are maybe 40-50% dark and curled in on the top half...still mostly white lower down on the plant. I've been staring at trichomes through my 30X loupe and i think they are partly cloudy, but it's really hard to tell. I tried to take some iPhone + loupe photos, but i think they are still too blurry to tell. maybe some of you can see something. I think i've got about two weeks left...sound about right?

Comment

• JuanHondo
                  JuanHondo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  thanks for the tip. my loupe is one of the cheap plastic ones with an LED light. i probably spent 30 minutes searching with it last night and couldn't really get a good look. i see a 20X version of your BelOMO...might have to order that...

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Your plants look great to me really healthy.

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah I just saw the 20x. I have the 10 and 15 but Im tempted by the 20. Just know that the viewing area decreases the stronger it gets, and then you have to hold it really still.

starting to feel like a regular banana farmer...getting ~10-15 every day and seems like the more i look, the more I find. i've got at least 50% dark pistils now and i think i have partly cloudy trichomes. i ended up ordering the 15X BelOMO...passed on the 20X after i read about the very small depth of field. my loupe sucks so my trichome observations might not be 100% accurate. debating chopping now or waiting another week or two..is there any real risk of making seeds this close to the end?

Comment

• JuanHondo
                  JuanHondo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  i found 1 immature seed...this banana picking business is a real PITA but i'll stick with it for another week or so...

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That shows youve done a giod job, most energy going into flowers not seeds.

• Colombo
                  Colombo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Depending on the strain it takes 2 to 6 wks for seeds to form. Check the tricones in natural light for best results. Good Luck. Good Growing !!

that 15X BelOMO is nice...showed up in the mail today...more magnification than the 30X plastic one with LED and it's really clear. Still not exactly sure how to judge clear or cloudy trichomes but I would say they are partially cloudy..do they gradually individually get cloudy or do they get cloudy one at a time?

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It does take some practice to make sure you're not seeing light bouncing off triches, and to see that they are clouding up. At the same time, you will notice that the heads get much fatter and bulging. The more you look at them, the more you learn about how to see them. I still have to go back again and again sometimes, like my eyes need time to adjust to what they're seeing in the tiny loupe.

And the process is gradual, you will always see some clear, but I look for mostly cloudy and I look to see if the triche heads are bulging. I also make sure that almost all the pistils have turned brown.

Glad you like it!! These triple loupes are the real deal, unlike all that cheap crap from China.

photos from today. today is exactly 8 weeks from switching to 12/12. i think they are getting close. mostly dark pistils up top and i think mostly cloudy trichomes. I see a few amber trichomes on #1 so that's good i guess. the belOMO is a big help, but i'm still not exactly sure what i'm looking at. pistils on the "middle" buds are about half dark and the "low" buds are still mostly white. i had one small low branch on #1 that was hanging almost horizontal so i chopped, trimmed, and hung it up to see what i'm working with here. the little guy weighed a whopping 10g wet and 5g after hanging for a day and a half. watered yesterday with cal/mag and bloom at 50% recommended dose for week 8. I think i'll on give pH adjusted water from now on for 1 or 2 more weeks.

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Beautiful colas. You can harvest partially; that's what I did earlier this month, and left the lower branches to ripen up a bit more. It happens pretty fast.

• JuanHondo
                  JuanHondo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  should i just chop everything with amber trichomes now (basically the top half of plant #1) and give the rest of the plant (and plant #2) a bit more time?

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, I think so. If you see mostly cloudy and some amber, it's ready to chop. If they are clear below, let them get some light and ripen up.

Can't decide what to do...still see about the same amount of ambers on #1 and found a couple on #2 tonight...i like the idea of a staged harvest, but ideally that would start next monday as i'll be out of town this weekend and i'd like to be around while they are drying. my plan had been to start a flush before the weekend with pH adjusted water and see how they looked monday...maybe flush more...maybe chop them down...maybe wait till next weekend. this amber alert is throwing a monkey wrench in my plans as i'm not interested in couch lock. I think i should be OK to go w/o flush as i've been only feed 1/2 strength nutes and following the recommended schedule (reducing for the past 2 weeks). but, then again, i only see amber on the very top...and i'm probably overthinking this as i have a habit of doing...anyway, thanks for listening...

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No problem Juan. I don't wait for amber because my understanding is that amber signals the degradation of THC or the beginning of over-ripeness. I don't go for couch-lock at all--not my preference. And I usually don't do much of a flush, either, because my nutes are so low at the end of flowering.

You do want to be around for drying!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X