Grow cabinet - Led light suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow cabinet - Led light suggestions

This will be my first time growing and I needed some advice. I’ve decided to use an ikea bookcase I already have. The size of the cabinet is 31 1/2x11 3/4x41 3/4 ". I’ve already spray painted it in flat white paint and drilled a hole for my passive intake and exhaust. Ive also decided to go with flower carbon filter and fan but can’t decided on an led light that would fit this cabinet. I would probably grow 1 plant and I’ll be using soil. The depth of the cabinet is small as you can see in the pic. Any recommendations for a grow light?! Is it possible to use the same light for vegetation and flowering?
    Last edited by deepnher; 03-29-2019, 02:24 PM.

Hello D and welcome to GWE ! If you or a friend can do electrical work you can,
    1) take a shelf as it is adjustable up and down
    2) install 5 light sockets spaced staggered into the bottom of the shelf and wire together on the topside of the shelf with a plugged electrical cord.
    3) use led grow bulbs & CFLs to keep heat down.
    4) drill 4 spaced vent holes for heat removal and circulation. (very important)
    5) you now have an on the cheap adjustable grow light by placing the shelf pins at the hight required for veg and flower.

Just a thought. Hope this helps. Good Growing !!

Comment

hi deepnher I'm a newbie with one CFL grow under my belt. ( the second one is ready soon) my advice is to find any led light to fit your grow space and your budget. for example my grow cupboard is 75 cm wide 40cm deep and 125ish cm tall, I chose to use 2 300 watt led lights one is a no name brand from the hydro store and the other is a roleadro galaxy hydro both lights are 30ish cm by 21cm however I do not recommend the roleadro galaxy hydro because when compared to my no name brand led it performed poorly (both are cheap and cost about the same) I'm gonna replace my roleadro with another of the same no name brand. the roleadro does work it's just slower then the no name brand. I'll include a pic the galaxy hydro is on the left

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice job on your grow box.

• yellow
        yellow commented
        Editing a comment
        Thats cool! But be careful. My rule is to never have any liquid above the electrical!

sorry bro forgot to say that I use the same lights for vege and flower and I'll try and the name of the no name led light

Comment

Comment

Vipaspectra 300 led good little light love all my vipaspectra lights no problems whith them frosty nugs
          Attached Files

Comment

• deepnher
            deepnher commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice, I was looking at vipaspectra also. What size is your space?

• yellow
            yellow commented
            Editing a comment
            Vipaspectra 👌🏽

• SDwy
            SDwy commented
            Editing a comment
            I just switched to led's & am also using Viparspectra lights. My veg room (2x2 feet) is the 600 watt light & my flower area (2 1/2x2 feet) is two 450 watt lights. I replaced a diy cfl fixture of 184 watts from the wall & a 400 watt hid. I just could not control the heat from the hid and finally gave up on it. My girls are looking really good so far and my seedlings are too.

Do you have basic electrical and mechanical skills? If so I can hook you up with the links to all the supplies needed for a kickass diy build for under a $100. Let me know and I'll round up all the links✌

Comment

• deepnher
            deepnher commented
            Editing a comment
            I dont but I was looking at the hlg 65w quantum board also.

deepnher Welcome to the forum. I don't want to be a naysayer, but I think you may want to build a bigger box. That 12" width is going to be incredibly cramping--even for one plant at a time. With cramped spaces come all kinds of potential problems, because in flower, each cola needs some space around it for good air circulation, good light penetration. Just my humble opinion ;-}
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• deepnher
            deepnher commented
            Editing a comment
            I was thinking the same thing after doing more research. Thanks.

• Colombo
            Colombo commented
            Editing a comment
            That would make a great starter cabinet for germination and 1st stage veg before it goes into your final pot and then your new cabinet/tent to finish ! Why wast a good thing ! Just a thought . Good Growing !!

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Colombo Good point!!! That cabinet would be perfect for that, still gonna be a little tight for LST, it seems to me. deepnher I also grow in a box, a BCNL RoomMate, so I have to stay aware of my space limitations when planning for flower.

MarsHydro Reflector 240w- will do everything you need/asked. (grow & bloom switch-so 1 light)
          It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

• deepnher
            deepnher commented
            Editing a comment
            Since it has the grow and bloom switch, do I still need to change the distant during veg or flowering?

• Weed Pharma
            Weed Pharma commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, but not often:
            Initial (germination) @ 28-30" from the soil -veg switch on.
            Once @ 24" from the canopy- bloom switch.
            At the onset of flower- I set it @ 18" from the canopy.
            Each distance you allow the plant to grow into the light.

In your setup, you would likely install the light as high as possible- and leave it alone. (It's what I do in a 48" tent)
            Be mindful that you must have the grow switch on at ALL times and you ADD the bloom!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X