Buying seeds question with an intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying seeds question with an intro

Hey all! New here, but not to growing. I have grown both indoor and outdoor since 1991. The information on here is amazing. I wish that I had access to this sort of knowledge back when I first started. Quite a bit of the info is basic to me, but holy cow, some of the info here is very good and new to me. We are always learning. Right?
    I have always grown bag seeds, and never ordered anything from overseas. It has me quite nervous. I live in an unfriendly state in the US (Illinois).
    I would love to order some of these awesome seeds online. I have quite a few strains already picked out for an outdoor session this year. If I order now, it would give me enough time to get some healthy plants going before transplanting to the outdoor grow season.
    My questions and concerns are this:
    How often are they caught by customs?
    Has anyone been caught and faced legal issues?
    I would like to order about 3-4 strains of 5 seeds each. What would be the best way? 1 big order? Or maybe a separate order for each strain? I'm not sure what would be best for reducing risk/ getting through customs and insuring that i get some seeds for the season.
    TYIA for any replies. I was looking at seeds on Seedsmans site.

I've had issues with seedsman I'm in Vermont which is legal. I have a order in with nirvana so good so far. I've had great orders with new420guy but not sure what's going on with him he's in USA. I just got some seeds through seedsforme very easy order. Don't worry much about customs there not going to chase you down for seeds. They are legal until sprouted customs just zaps them to fuck with ya. Good luck

Comment

I've had very good luck with Nirvana seeds and ILOVEGROWINGMARIJUANA.COM

Comment

Just ordered 10 autoflowers from msnl..Took 8 business days to arrive here in PA… I soaked 4 and they all broke. I have been using msnl for years and I always get great results...7-110zs per plant!!!
        I have NEVER heard of anyone getting in trouble for seeds they just take them at customs...but its worth the headache to buy FROM SOMEONE NEBULA RECOMMENDS!!! The geneticist are doing crazy shit bro!! You wont regret it cuz I also grew bagseed for years and will never again! Good luck and hope you have great success with your order.

DO NOT ORDER FROM NEW420GUY ...YOU WILL DEF. NOT BE HAPPY!!!!! HES JUST A MIDDLEMAN - AND A WRECKLESS ONE AT THAT!!!

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Seedsman is just a larger scale middle man.

• Potted
          Potted commented
          Editing a comment
          With a larger inventory?

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          True North Seedbank in Canada is the same - they bring seeds in from all over and resell to growers.

I live in Vermont and have ordered from ilovegrowingmarjuana and seedsman. Overseas and in the USA South Oregon seeds and oregoneliteseeds I have never had an issue with any seed order foreign or domestic. Good luck.
        It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

I am also located in Vermont and I have never lost seeds in customs. MSNL, ILGM, TSSC, SEED SUPREME, They all went thru for years. The only seed company I have had a problem with was Zenpype. Most of their seeds do not sprout and they look 10 times bigger than normal mj seeds

Comment

👎👎👎 three thumbs down for the single seed co. Thay can’t find there ass with bouth hands, or the seeds that were ordered A Holes

Comment

"I would like to order about 3-4 strains of 5 seeds each. What would be the best way? 1 big order? Or maybe a separate order for each strain? I'm not sure what would be best for reducing risk/ getting through customs and insuring that i get some seeds for the season.
              TYIA for any replies. I was looking at seeds on Seedsmans site."

From my random sampling I have noticed that many forum member in the western states have had customs confiscations. I can name several, but will refrain from that. This applies mainly to Seedsman orders. Toker1 suggested that they may be targeting Seedsman for the fact that they never have a return address on the packages. That may very well be the case. Since they didn't have a unabomber over there no return address is required. Most in the eastern states have been free from confiscations. It is mainly packages coming through the LA customs office. I "believe" you would be at lower risk as Illinois would probably be included in the eastern customs territory. Not sure on this. For a more guaranteed delivery, and some of the very best genetics I would go with Nirvana. You want the seeds for this season so don't gamble. My last Nirvana order arrived in 8 business days. Good luck.

Comment

I've been telling you guys for years to buy in the country one lives in. I certainly have - always. This from a retired Canada Border Services Agency's uniformed agent.
                Once U.S. federal agencies have flagged your address - it's in their systems for good.
                ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                Mars Hydro
                Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

My order from England got nailed a few months ago by the u.s. customs, and a few weeks later I got this infuriating letter telling me that tha have been confiscated 🐁

Comment

• starramus
                    starramus commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Potted Was it a Seedsman order that was nabbed? Someone should suggest to Seedsman that they at least put a fictitious return address on their packages. I think I''ll fuckin do it!

• Rwise
                    Rwise commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Use the same addy for both,,,

Originally posted by Canuck147 View Post
                  I've been telling you guys for years to buy in the country one lives in. I certainly have - always. This from a retired Canada Border Services Agency's uniformed agent.
                  Once U.S. federal agencies have flagged your address - it's in their systems for good.
                  Yes they have three of my addresses. I have to have orders sent to an out of state alternate address now. These are incredibly silly games the arseholes are playing!

Comment

sensibleseeds.com or go to seedfinder.eu seedfinder is a nice place as it rates seed shops with people that have bought from them, I recommend sensible seeds as I have been using them for years and their selection is amazing, I have used I love growing marijuana and I did not have a good experience, of course they have grown since I used them last, their prices are high and they are unbranded, meaning the quality may greatly varied.

Comment

I have ordered from true north for 4 yrs. running and waiting for some just ordered. Great catalog, delivered to NY in 4-5 days. So for no problems

Comment

I've had good luck with Nirvana 💚 Happy growing 🌱
                        "Not all that glitters is gold, not all that is sticky is tar." proverb ☮☮☮

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X