Super Soil and adding PH UP/DN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Soil and adding PH UP/DN?

My 5 girls are growing in a bathroom in Greentree Ultimate Blend super soil. I didn't realize it was considered a super soil until I was already committed. I've been watering distilled water PH'd to between 6.5 - 6.8. I came across an article that said not to use PH up or down in super soils, They all seem to be healthy at the end of week 3. Should I change to straight distilled water and not worry about the PH?
    1st "real" grow - 3rd if you count my closet in high school.
    3- Dinafem White Widow XXL Auto
    1- Canuck Northern Lights X Big Bud Auto
    1- Canuck Amnesia Haze Auto (freebie)
    Soil - Greentree Premium Blend Super Soil
    Lights - 2 Miezhi 600W LED's
    Pots - 5 Gal Smart Pots
    Exhale CO2 Bag
    20-4 schedule

Why are you using distilled water?

Comment

• Foxtrot7
      Foxtrot7 commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought it would be best since my tap is loaded with crap. Should I not?

From what I understand about supersoil grows is that pH'ing isn't required. The soil buffers whatever you add.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Foxtrot7
      Foxtrot7 commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been watering them this way since germination. Do you think I should stop and use the water straight out of the jug now, or is it too late?

Hello Foxtrot7 ,welcome to GWE ! A lot of growers use supercoil and this should help with your question all-about-soil.. and from GWE's site How to Grow Weed with Organic Super Soil | Grow Weed Easyhttps://www.growweedeasy.com/organic-super-soil Hope these help answer your question ! Good Growing !!

Comment

• Foxtrot7
      Foxtrot7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I checked them out and of course learned that you shouldn't use distilled water. Figures. My tap PH's at 6.8 so I'll be using it from now on. What I didn't find is if it's okay to use General Hydroponics PH UP/DN. Do you know if it's okay to do so?

• Colombo
      Colombo commented
      Editing a comment
      Here is another good read for super soil talks about ph https://www.smilinggardener.com/coll...ll-about-soil/

• Colombo
      Colombo commented
      Editing a comment
      I use GH UP/DN to ph my water/feed to 6.5 then check runoff PH for same or at least 6.3 - 6.8.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X