Organic am I wasting my time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Organic am I wasting my time?

Hi guys I've been doing organic for 8 grows now and I'm somewhat happy with the results. The quality of bud is good the quantity could be much higher.my major setbacks happen after week 4 of 11/13. The plants look like they are starving fade extremely quickly and then take forever to finish like instead of 9-10 weeks like the breeder says were talking 16+. Im using a solistek 600w hps on boost thats 660w. My temps run no higher than 81. I have no glass over the bulb and in the winter I just open the double doors to the closet for passive ventilation when the light is on. I'm using Franks #4 soil and elevation organics peak harvest nutes with added Calmag and slf100 and sugaree. I'm thinking I would double my yield if I switched to chemical nutes but the last thing I want is chem tasting harsh weed. Thanks

"organic" is subjective, meaning, that compost is organic, minerals from the ground are organic. The processes are different on break down, one uses chemicals outside of nutrients, the other uses natural decay. I use dyna-gro and general hydroponics calmag, I use FF happy frog potting soil. My grows are not bad, see for yourself. As far as breeder times go, that is estimate and depends on many factors. As far as harsh cannabis, that comes from a poor cure or very dry smoke, I flush for a week, dry and cure for about a month to a month and a half, my stuff is smooth, in fact i was so high I was smoking my joint like a cigarette. Your plants may be underfed as well, depending on what you use and the size of your plant it is really a toss up, most of what is recommended is usually based on a larger fertilization process or your plant simply needs more. I hope I helped, and the best advice I can give you is patience and realistic expectations, you can get anywhere from two to four ounces per plant. I might point out that you may also want to switch to 12/12, unless you are growing pure Sativas.

Comment

yes i think you are wasting time, try coco. my coco plants grow in 4 weeks what in soil takes 8

Comment

I’d say no your not wasting your time unless you are selling it. Honestly I just switched from chemical fertilizers to Organics just feed the soil type grows. Are you using bottled nutrients? Also have you checked out Buildasoil.com or KISS Organics.com if you scroll all the way down on they’re page specially Buildasoil they have video and blogs on growing Organic everything you need to know will be there and it’s free info.. I highly recommend you check them out. Also on YouTube Clackamas Coot is the name type it in and watch every single podcast that he is in and you won’t regret it he like a organic grow bible. After listening to him you will think to yourself (I would have to be stupid)to go out and buy expensive chemical fertilizers when you can feed your soil all it needs for pennies). Seriously go and read and listen to the podcast a really good one is on KISS Organics YouTube channel 3 part series Clackamas Coot. To help you directly with your question try Malted Barley the enzymes you get from it will help your plant finish faster in flower I’m currently testing this as this is my first grow organic but it’s the same strain so if it finishes faster oh and also more resin than I know it works. You can ask more about my reply I will try to help you more but like I said it’s my first time so my best advice is to go on those pages and podcast it’s all your answers there for free period..

Comment

https://elevationorganics.com/liquid-nutrients/ I use the grow, bloom and Calmag also slf 100 and sugaree

Comment

Organic is defined as carbon to carbon bonds or carbon to hydrogen bonds. So by definition, water is inorganic.
            Now with these nutrients you are discussing, they require some form of living bacteria in the soil to convert the feed into a usable form. If the bacteria cultures do not survive or are in low numbers, plants will suffer.
            As for chem flavors in the smoke, I remove the nitrogen from the diet at least 2 weeks prior to harvest. That plus a good dry-cure is key. I have been experimenting with lower dry-cure temps. Seems like keeping the temps just under 70F durring this process helps out with flavor a lot.
            4x4 600w HID empty for summer
            3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
            2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
            running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yup, box or bag. All good. 👍
              No prob.

• Ace1973
              Ace1973 commented
              Editing a comment
              I should have been clearer when I stated subjective, I meant from a sales point of view, not from a science point of view. As long as a product is labeled "Organic" it will sell better, and then we add ten more bottles that are "organic" so we have the absolute best nutrients possible, no one ever pauses to think that they can get something that is two or three part formula that costs less.

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey Ace. I knew what you meant.
              Here in CA, organic or non... it won’t sell if it doesn’t smell.
              But I know what you are saying about the gimmick sales tactics.

Everyone has a grow style, the question is, do you want to enjoy your grow or do you want to make it so over complicated that it is not worth it?

Comment

Try both? I am new grower. And I am on a budget. so I can't....I think I may just be a good grower after all. Or I am starting to think like one. #1 at the dollar store I wanted to buy these $1 glass vase things to stick over my new sports. But I used old Pepsi bottles instead. #2 I bought the #3 cloth grow bags I am thinking now I should put good steel rings all around the top of my bags for training. Would be a lot easier to do when not full. Would anyone buys these if I made them? things that's I worry about are my foot print. And what is my GF going to put into her beautiful body when her medicine is ready. But 8 good grows! wow Congo Ratz. That's some vast EXP that can NOT be thought. Must be learned@
              You don’t have to be better than everybody else. You should strive to be better than you ever thought you could be.------Todd Y. 1986

Comment

• Ace1973
                Ace1973 commented
                Editing a comment
                I have a little change to throw around, I just prefer not to. I just so hated spending so much money on it when the stuff literally can grow(not on or as trees). When I first started I spent ridiculous amounts of money on light and nutrients, never again, not when there is cheaper options that do just as well.

• Colombo
                Colombo commented
                Editing a comment
                I personally like recycling and repurposing items found, bought or made adds a little more excitement and pride to the finish, especially the $ savings ! It's like putting "your stamp" on a grow.

• Ace1973
                Ace1973 commented
                Editing a comment
                Colombo , almost all my grows are MacGyver grows.

I'm going to try https://buildasoil.com/products/barl...-grain-for-sst milled. Going to top dress with it. Wake up the enzymatic action. Clackamas coot knows his shit.
              Last edited by Smokesteve; 03-21-2019, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Smokesteve glad to hear. Clackamas Coot is the man. Also not sure if you ordered yet but you can also buy malted barley 2 row at your local brewery store. Not sure if you checked out his podcast on YouTube in the KISS Organics channel but he explains a lot about it there and where you can buy it. (It’s cheaper) but I do order some hard to find local things from buildasoil to support a bit I have really learned a lot from them. Also KISS Organics some things are cheaper there I support both as a way of paying back for all of their free info they have. Saved me a lot of time and time is $$

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X