No announcement yet.

Journal. 2nd grow dwcc. GG & GSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had to straighten out the GSC. She wasn’t playing along with the rules well.

Comment

It’s kinda amusing how fast the get looking at the lights

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. Also, a gentle breeze across the plant tops helps strength those stems.

• George4green
        George4green commented
        Editing a comment
        Making them do a little old person dance 💃 lol. Yup got 4 fans making all them do a little giggle.

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice. Are you adding silicone to the mix? That helps with stem strength too. As well as other things.

Ya. Actually was going to say that but forgot to type it. To much GSC I guess

Comment

• George4green
        George4green commented
        Editing a comment
        During my high education a couple of weeks ago read about silica so picked some up from GH and add it to the mix at water change. Took it easy at first on everything because of the issues having. Which did notice a little twist growth tonight again. Next water change will up everything a little

I noticed this actually started last week. To all the veteran growers what do I do

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        If it stinks like sulfur, it’s rot. If it doesn’t smell unpleasant then it’s nutrient stain. Nutrient stain is ok for roots, rot isn’t.

• George4green
        George4green commented
        Editing a comment
        No smells that I noticed but been kinda sick. I’m thanking it’s this one nute I added last time and all of the slimy mater didn’t all drain out forgot what the nute was believe it has some seaweed of kelp in it. Believe it did this kinda same thing first go so just not using it anymore

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        If it’s just nutes, don’t worry about it.

I thank I’m having a bug issue or something

Comment

• George4green
        George4green commented
        Editing a comment
        Ya I have no clue. I’m following GH nute guide at half strength ppm at about 650 using the .5 scale on my pen. Just going to roll with it I guess. I’m not getting the heavy wax look along with the blistering like in the GWE of broad mites

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        In my experience DWC has significantly less exposure to bugs. They like to live in things like soil and coco. The larva can not live with out a medium that is moist with undisolved air to breath.

• George4green
        George4green commented
        Editing a comment
        Ya it was one of the reasons I wanted to grow in hydro

Things looking a little better but not much vertical growth yet but stems are getting very big compared to the first growth. Ended up braking some stems off which suck but ohh well

Comment

Things looking a little better but not much vertical growth yet but stems are getting very big compared to the first growth. Ended up braking some stems off which suck but ohh well

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
          LurkingInTheGrass commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL

If you figure out how to expand, without actually building anything - please share 😁😁

• George4green
          George4green commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup smoke 4 J’s in 6 min and close your eyes and the room will be twice the size in 5 min

• George4green
          George4green commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup smoke 4 J’s in 6 min and close your eyes and the room will be twice the size in 5 min

Tinker bell hiding my mistakes of lst Don’t thank they will make it. Didn’t have any cloning gel or anything. Actually mixed some rapid root from GH dipped them in that then tru some great white on top of that. Figure why not it’s better then putting in trash can just sucks I lost 2/3 of my only GSC l had left. Damn big stems and big fingers

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
          Editing a comment
          Snip the leaf tips off your cuttings

They don't need that much leaf and it makes the plant aware it needs to make roots (and diverts hormones)

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I get the best results/success ratios when I add the least amount of elements to the water for cloning purposes.

Well the GSC recovering well(tall linky one also has a #1 on lid ) it was the best looking before I broke the clones off but hey what the hell got to learn some way right. The little fat girl still short and fat like one of my ex. But man she had a nose a$$ to her so maybe this girl will too Time will tell I guess but also kicked her to the curb so who knows. Others still going ok. Still veary bushy and clustered but ok I guess. Thank I may end up with some root bound but hope not but noticed some tangled up root in a couple containers not sure if it’s just the way it will be or to much air or current

Comment

Did some LST today

Comment

The GSC is being a champ even after I broke 2/3 of it completely off. I thank I’ll always grow gsc

Comment

The best looking GG. Nice color and bushy others are so so

Comment

All in all I thank things are still going well. Starting to see some better growth. Things where kinda at a stand still for a week. I’m a month in since put in nets. Not sure if I’m getting root rot or it’s just coloring from nutes. One crappy thing about when I get my ties on. Don’t really want to untie everything to pull up plants to fully look at the roots. Oh and one of the gsc brakes did start roots so guess better then putting in trash. Not just don’t know what to do with it when it’s time

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
                  Editing a comment
                  How does the res smell

Bad smelling res often = root rot

• George4green
                  George4green commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Smells fine. Don’t have the best sniffer but no bad smell I can tell. I really thank there just died buy nutes

New addition to room

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
                  Editing a comment
                  O2?

Going to aerate with it?

• George4green
                  George4green commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes sir that’s the plan. Not sure if I’m going to put a box around my pump and pipe the o2 to it or I can get rid of pump and hook o2 to stones or just have the o2 hooked to one stone in res and keep air pump also. Not sure yet.

• George4green
                  George4green commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just know I’ll have to do something when I get my CO2 going because I don’t have the option to move the pump out of room

Jumped my ppm from 600-700 to 1100-1250. No nute burn so may go up a bit more before the weekend. Been gone on the weekends and kinda like it that way. Then I’m not in my room all the time and it’s kinda a surprise when I come back to see what they have done lol. Still have one little pain that doesn’t want to bush out or get much taller but oh well

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X