Advanced nutrients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advanced nutrients

Hi guys. Advanced nutrients. Anyone using them? If so which additives are good and which are a waste of money?

Hi Davr, I used them for a couple of years and decided to go back to Future Harvest. I used a broad line of AN, including bud ignitor, bud candy, B-52, etc.--in other words, not just MGB. So I can't tell you which nute did what.

I always used way less than the recommended amts., and I almost always got a little nitro toxicity in flower. I talked to their reps on the phone a couple of times, but I didn't really get my question answered, which is why do ratios of MGB stay the same throughout the grow? It doesn't make sense. The bud was always very much liked by everyone.

On my current grow using the FH line, I'm definitely seeing better bud growth and development (I grow hydro; week 6 of flower).
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Cannabliss
      Cannabliss commented
      Editing a comment
      Very interesting! I never heard of Future Harvest. I guess because I found what works for me and built a whole feeding schedule around it and sort of just stuck to it (I'm stubborn lol) and never bothered to look for something that works similarly, yet cheaper lol. How long have you been using them and how hydro-friendly are they? Once I run out of H&G nutes, I'm thinking of changing to something more cheaper, but still gives great results. Gracias.

I find that if you use voodoo you don't need pahranna or tarantula and if using bud candy you don't need Carbo load. I haven't noticed any difference usining ancient earth. I personally use grow and bloom a&b voodoo, calmag, sensizyme, bud candy, b52, big bud, bud ignitor, bud factor x, nirvana, overdrive and flawless finish for flush. I really like advanced but I've always used them so I don't have a comparison.

Comment

• Davross
      Davross commented
      Editing a comment
      do you find the PH perfect tec really works?

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      The pH perfect worked great.

For hydro I assume?
    rhino skin is a silica additive that every hydro user should be taking advantage of.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Davross
      Davross commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks mate.. could you tell me how to use rhino skin? how much per litter and at what times?
      yes for DWC

• SirSmksAlot
      SirSmksAlot commented
      Editing a comment
      I use 1ml/l at every water change. Also it's the first thing I add to my water and let it run through the system for about an hour before adding the other nutes. I found without doing this I would have fairly large ph fluctuations for about 4 days. Since doing it I find my ph to be much more stable.

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I follow the instructions on the bottle. 1ml/l sounds about right if memory serves me correctly. I use it all through veg and 6 weeks into flower.

I've used their Bud Candy, Big Bud, and their Flawless Finish for my DWC grows with pretty good results.
    Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
    White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

I’ve used rhino skin on my last grow in soil, tho recommended for hydro it works well in soil as well at 5ml. Per gallon.

Comment

Davross the ph perfect works good however when adding the extras, you will still need to adjust your ph slightly. I grow in dwc and I notice I'll get ph fluctuations until day 3 after a water change. The rhino skin will raise your ph for sure.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X