No announcement yet.

A grow in inert soil!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a branch from the smaller plant, I am going to dry it in a paper bag for 5 to 7 days. This is when I will harvest the smaller purple pheno, hopefully it is smokable by then.

Comment

I harvested my purple pheno, she was almost all purple and red, with yellow creeping in. I will update on how much I have yielded when dry. as you can see, this bud has some serious bulk.
      I want to sum up this grow, I started with inert soil, I wanted to see reliance on nutrients, what it would be like to use nutrients from bottle only, no nothing in the soil, just dead. My buddy and discussed the differences and the simlarities,(he only grows in coco). I did have a cal mag deficiency the early part of bloom, it was corrected quickly, also, the soil does retain some of the nutrients with in itself, I had water retention longer since this was soil. I used DynaGro nutrients foilage pro and bloom, along with general hydroponoics cali magic, I watered with nutrients every three days. I like soil better, I will continue to use fresh soil and hopefully soon I can start my own compost. I still have the other blueberry to harvest, that will be next week.

Comment

I have chopped my final plant from this experiment. My first plant is dry and weighed a hefty 69.21 grams..... awesome, I also sampled it, even though I have not cured it, it is a classic indica or broadleaf high with some slight trip to it. As I have stated this was an experiment that has come to a satisfactory conclusion, I hope everyone has enjoyed, and happy growing!

Comment

I just saw this thread. Some interesting info. First i also frequently reuse fox farms soil. Works just fine. I tested side by side with fresh soil and couldnt tell a difference. I just fed them as needed.

Second i do not think coco can outgrow soil. To me thats just questionable. Faster in vegetation i will give you that. But if you find a great soil grower you are not going to blow him away with coco coir or any other method inside. I say inside because assuming a good year you cant beat growing outside in the real sun, at least yet. And Potted not trying to get into a debate. I know you can grow and you could be right but I think it boils down to the growers skill and not so much the methods. I have watched from the shadows for a very long time and a great grower is going to grow great once they learn to use whatever is given them. But im just old and set in my ways. I also dont have time to really test the theory. Id have to grow in coco for 40 plus years to see if I could grow better in coco than soil. Otherwise if the coco grew less or the same i would wonder if it was just because I had more exp with soil.
          You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• Ace1973
            Ace1973 commented
            Editing a comment
            Spidermite , I agree, soil hands down, and yes I was seeing what I could do with very little. To be honest the only difference was that I used more nutrients, I honestly could not seeing watering with nutes everyday, I would be broke. I am not saying that I know everything, I was just testing where I am at, what my own understanding is at. I am also trying my hand at feminized seed breeding with colloidal silver, I want to experiment, share what I have learned. Sometimes I feel we all over complicate our grows, our ancestors put the seeds in the ground over forty thousand years ago, today there is over seven billion people. It all started with planting seeds in soil, that is what makes this a labor of love, not competition. Spidermite, thank you for your input, it is most welcome.

• Ace1973
            Ace1973 commented
            Editing a comment
            Now you have me wishing I used molasses for this grow.

The great final tally! I have already smoked some....awesome! Classic Blueberry high, I really do enjoy this one, even though I am an avid narrow leaf lover! As I said before, the last plants top cola alone weighed 113 + grams wet, dry, it weighs 27.43 grams, barely under an ounce, the yield for the whole plant was 72.55, with both plants, a grand total of 141.55 grams! That is my grow, I am rather stoned and happy, I am about to roll some more, so my brothers and sisters, Grow great crops and keep the earth fertile!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X