Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ace1973
    replied
    The great final tally! I have already smoked some....awesome! Classic Blueberry high, I really do enjoy this one, even though I am an avid narrow leaf lover! As I said before, the last plants top cola alone weighed 113 + grams wet, dry, it weighs 27.43 grams, barely under an ounce, the yield for the whole plant was 72.55, with both plants, a grand total of 141.55 grams! That is my grow, I am rather stoned and happy, I am about to roll some more, so my brothers and sisters, Grow great crops and keep the earth fertile!

Leave a comment:

• Ace1973
    commented on 's reply
    Now you have me wishing I used molasses for this grow.

• Ace1973
    commented on 's reply
    Spidermite , I agree, soil hands down, and yes I was seeing what I could do with very little. To be honest the only difference was that I used more nutrients, I honestly could not seeing watering with nutes everyday, I would be broke. I am not saying that I know everything, I was just testing where I am at, what my own understanding is at. I am also trying my hand at feminized seed breeding with colloidal silver, I want to experiment, share what I have learned. Sometimes I feel we all over complicate our grows, our ancestors put the seeds in the ground over forty thousand years ago, today there is over seven billion people. It all started with planting seeds in soil, that is what makes this a labor of love, not competition. Spidermite, thank you for your input, it is most welcome.

• Spidermite
    replied
    I just saw this thread. Some interesting info. First i also frequently reuse fox farms soil. Works just fine. I tested side by side with fresh soil and couldnt tell a difference. I just fed them as needed.

Second i do not think coco can outgrow soil. To me thats just questionable. Faster in vegetation i will give you that. But if you find a great soil grower you are not going to blow him away with coco coir or any other method inside. I say inside because assuming a good year you cant beat growing outside in the real sun, at least yet. And Potted not trying to get into a debate. I know you can grow and you could be right but I think it boils down to the growers skill and not so much the methods. I have watched from the shadows for a very long time and a great grower is going to grow great once they learn to use whatever is given them. But im just old and set in my ways. I also dont have time to really test the theory. Id have to grow in coco for 40 plus years to see if I could grow better in coco than soil. Otherwise if the coco grew less or the same i would wonder if it was just because I had more exp with soil.

Leave a comment:

• Ace1973
    replied
    I have chopped my final plant from this experiment. My first plant is dry and weighed a hefty 69.21 grams..... awesome, I also sampled it, even though I have not cured it, it is a classic indica or broadleaf high with some slight trip to it. As I have stated this was an experiment that has come to a satisfactory conclusion, I hope everyone has enjoyed, and happy growing!

Leave a comment:

• Ace1973
    replied
    I harvested my purple pheno, she was almost all purple and red, with yellow creeping in. I will update on how much I have yielded when dry. as you can see, this bud has some serious bulk.
    I want to sum up this grow, I started with inert soil, I wanted to see reliance on nutrients, what it would be like to use nutrients from bottle only, no nothing in the soil, just dead. My buddy and discussed the differences and the simlarities,(he only grows in coco). I did have a cal mag deficiency the early part of bloom, it was corrected quickly, also, the soil does retain some of the nutrients with in itself, I had water retention longer since this was soil. I used DynaGro nutrients foilage pro and bloom, along with general hydroponoics cali magic, I watered with nutrients every three days. I like soil better, I will continue to use fresh soil and hopefully soon I can start my own compost. I still have the other blueberry to harvest, that will be next week.

Leave a comment:

• Ace1973
    replied
    This is a branch from the smaller plant, I am going to dry it in a paper bag for 5 to 7 days. This is when I will harvest the smaller purple pheno, hopefully it is smokable by then.

Leave a comment:

• Ace1973
    replied
    I am now at the 7 week mark, by the end of this week I will be pulling the more purple pheno, the other may go nine weeks, I also have my orange bud growing, she is just three weeks into bloom! Also I have two smaller plants growing, one is sour d. the other is orange bud, both are being dosed with colloidal silver spray, I put both in tent on 12/12 and started to spray, I am getting close to three weeks, I was compensating for the one week shock of environment/time change that most plants go through.

Leave a comment:

• Ace1973
    replied
    So these pics have some more detail than before and you get to see that I threw in three plants, the two small ones are clones, these two are being sprayed with colloidal silver twice a day for the last ten days. The larger plant is a orange bud or skunk variety, she has only been in flower for two weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Ace1973
    replied
    Six weeks and a day, leaves are turning purple, these pics just do not show it. Look at bottom leaves of first pic.

Leave a comment:

• Potted
    replied
    Well good luck with your choice of tents,Hope is works out for best. 🍀

Leave a comment:

• Ace1973
    commented on 's reply
    Unfortunately I am in a state which I need to stay anonymous. I can grow indoors without attracting any attention, I even have a diffuser which keeps odors down. I am very close to having my own property now, when I do I will stealth up like some old friends did, a long time ago, and will probably need some advice once I get to that point.

• Potted
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Ace1973, are u in a state that does not abide? As am I ! Stealth is key not just from cops, and noisy neighbors but people are always looking for what your growing !

• Ace1973
    commented on 's reply
    I grew autos out last month, I was not impressed, I had the seeds for a while and they were not from my regular seed distributor. I was disappointed by the yield mostly, I am so used to photoperiods that I was expecting so much more. the only thing good to come out of it was that one of the auto's was not the same as the others, it was white widow.

• Ace1973
    commented on 's reply
    I am strictly an indoor grower, I would love to grow outside.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X