Ph question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Ph question

If using super soil, do you still need to ph input water? I assumed the ‘ph buffers’ in the soil managed this itself.
    If tap water used is 7 ph is this too high? Could explain some problems.
    Im just a shy guy with a big dick.

Hey yellow, I found this researching it might be what your looking for ! If your using SuperSoil you do NOT need any nutes, just plain water. Just let your tap water sit out for 24 hours to evap chlorine. You shouldn't need to PH the water either due to the dolomite lime stabilizing PH. If you have time check out Subcools "Weed Nerd" episodes on youtube and he address similar questions there. Hope this helps!
    Good Growing !!

Comment

• yellow
      yellow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Ill check it out. Apparently the super soil recipe I have is based off of Subcools. The bag also mentioned not to let the roots touch the soil as it may burn them... Perhaps thats only for transplanting?
      Im asking these questions as I have a deficiency/ nute burn of some sort.
      Thought it was ph related, but couldnt be?

• Colombo
      Colombo commented
      Editing a comment
      you have a photo?

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just an FYI sitting water out for 24 hours no longer evaporates chlorine from the water. Modern day water use Chloramines which do not gas off, they can,however, be removed by filtering or a distilling process. They do make Chloramine evaporator tabs which weaken the bonds and allows this chemical to be gassed off, but I am not too sure how safe those products are for plants/growing.
      Last edited by Toker1; 03-18-2019, 01:40 PM.

I think there might be some confusion here. Supersoil is a brand of hot soil... it has time released nutrients already in it and doesn’t require PH adjusting (according to their website).
    When you say supersoil recipe, it makes me think you are concocting your own version of super soil... in that case, yes I believe you need to PH adjust and also add benificial bacteria to make the organic nutrients available for plant use.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• yellow
      yellow commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello Toker! I did NOT mix the soil myself. Purchased it from OGS who seem to know what theyre doing. I am impressed with the feel of the medium.
      Anyway, I was planning on brewing some tea to introduce beneficial bacteria to the soil.
      I always appreciate your help/input Toker, thanks.

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      You got it. If the soil was produced by a manufacturer it’s best to follow their recommendations.
      Yes compost tea is great. So is black strap molasses. Just make sure it’s not the sulfur added kind of molasses. The sulfur will kill off your bennies.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X