Mylar film as a room divider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mylar film as a room divider

Can I use mylar film to divide my room into a veg area and a flower area? Will it completely block the light and should I use 2 layers? My room is 2x5 so I'm thinking 18 inches for my veg area, mothers, clones, seedlings etc. I tried this before but the room got too hot, I used my 400 watt HID for flower & DIY CFL's (8 23 watt) for the veg room, it did not work because of the excessive heat. I have LED lights now and both areas have their own exhaust fans vented outside. Any suggestions?. Thanks everyone!
    If weed is healthy...why am I so broken down?

A fix the Mylar to a cardboard cutout of the space u wish to cover, ( clear tape ) works good for this. How to attach it to the tent? And keep light out,Aluminum tape works but is expensive, duck tape sucks for this! Maybe packing tape would work? Trial and error, that’s how it’s done. P.S. the first guy to make a optional split tent is going to make some growers very happy and big bucks for himself 💰
    Last edited by Potted; 03-17-2019, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• SDwy
      SDwy commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't use a tent, my grow room is a 2x5 foot closet built out of plywood painted white throughout the inside. I have some aluminum tape I can use to divide the room however I want. My 2 exhaust fans are located on the ceiling so each side is is vented separately to a roof vent. I was concerned that cardboard might present a fire hazard because I'm still using the 400 watt HID light to flower my current crop. My veg light is a 600 watt Viparspectra LED I just got. I'm still planning on a 2nd LED but haven't decided which model to buy & kinda want to finish this last dirt grow with the HID. My clones when rooted will be my first hydro grow!!! I'm excited!

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a split tent. Lol
      Has a Velcro room divider.

• Potted
      Potted commented
      Editing a comment
      Hay,Toker1 what brand tent has the devider?in it, and Is it any good? I grow different plants besides mj and this maybe right up my alley.

I have used heavy duty strip Velcro and orca skin and gives me options for when I need curing/hanging space as well.

Comment

• Potted
      Potted commented
      Editing a comment
      I like the idea of the heavy duty Velcro, orca skin? Is that how the Velcro attaches to the tent?

Yes. I think I got it at Wallyworld and it’s a 25’ roll in white and black (the Velcro that is). I have a 100’ roll of the orca and it comes in so handy a lot of times. Like wrapping white pails to keep light out or needing a surface for bubble hash etc etc.

Comment

Yes, Mylar will block the light. No need for 2 layers to accomplish that. The issue is with such thin walls, your veg and flower rooms will practically be the same temperature and humidity as each other. You can separate the rooms using foam insulation sheets (found at Home Depot or most hardware stores). Then cover the insulation sheets with Mylar. That will help out with the structure while providing some insulation at least.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        No prob. It’s not impossible to grow veg and flower in one room. Certain sacrifices will need to be made. But all in all can still grow great bud. Only issue is you have less control over the individual room. Best of luck.

• SDwy
        SDwy commented
        Editing a comment
        I have some white widow autos and some OG Kush autos for my next grow, my first hydro try and then I don't need a 2 light rotation. I like using mothers & clones but it's dangerous not having them in the stealth closet. oh well.

• Colombo
        Colombo commented
        Editing a comment
        Toker1 is right about Home Depot they have a 1" foam panel with an aluminum skin that is reflective and fire retardant. Just cut to size and it insulates room from room. I have seen grow rooms made from this material because of its construction. Heres the info below. Good luck. Good Growing !!

Get free shipping on qualified ISO Foam Board Insulation products or Buy Online Pick Up in Store today in the Building Materials Department.

Product Overview
        R-Matte Plus-3/Thermasheath-3 is rigid foam plastic thermal insulation board composed of environmentally sound, closed cell, polyisocyanurate foam bonded to a durable white-matte (non-glare) aluminum facer and a reflective reinforced aluminum facer. This product is suitable for use in wall sheathing applications in new residential, commercial and agricultural buildings and for thermal retrofit construction to existing buildings. This ENERGY STAR qualified R-Matte Plus-3/Thermasheath-3 provides R6 with dimensions of 1 in. x 4 ft. x 8 ft. This product is designed for exterior and interior, non-structural uses.
        Rmax polyiso sheathing offers the GREATEST R-value per inch currently available in a rigid foam board
        R-Matte plus-3/Thermasheath-3 is applied to the exterior or interior face of wood or metal studs to cover all studs, sills, plates and header constructions, thereby providing insulation over areas not normally covered by insulation products
        Superior resistance to moisture and vapor in above grade applications
        Polyiso rigid foam board offers superior fire protection properties compared to any other rigid foam board insulation
        ENERGY STAR qualified to meet or exceed federal guidelines for energy efficiency for year-round energy and money savings
        When taped and flashed, the Rmax polyiso board greatly reduces air infiltration and prevents thermal bridging caused by heat and cold transmission through studs
        Lightweight and easily cut to size
        Last edited by Colombo; 03-18-2019, 01:13 AM. Reason: added content

And that’s how brainstorming works 😉 nice job, real problem solving here👍

Comment

Thanks Columbo, that's great info! Thanks everyone for the help!
        If weed is healthy...why am I so broken down?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X