Not the whole grow - just the flower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not the whole grow - just the flower

Discovered this place a little late in the game. Thanks for the views and advice so far. I just wanted to have a place to share the rest of my first grow. Hopefully it will be of interest. All comments and thoughts welcome and appreciated.

From Seed - 1/19/19 germination
    600 Watt MH lights for Veg
    42 day Veg. (The answer to the Ultimate Question - HHGTTG fans?)
    FFOF soil
    some 3 gal, some 5 gal - fabric (stoned Amazon clicking)
    Feed - Water - Water (1/2 strength, Technaflora)
    Bergman's Gold Leaf (seed order was easy - worked)
    Avg temps: High 79 Low 71 RH 30
    600 W HPS Since Day 42
    4x4x8
    8 plants this grow

Here we are: DAY 57 Grow / DAY 15 Flower

They are wicked short

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190316_162526.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	666.8 KB
ID:	298905Click image for larger version

Name:	20190316_162533.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	559.1 KB
ID:	298906Click image for larger version

Name:	20190316_162522.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	298907Click image for larger version

Name:	20190316_162516.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	298908Click image for larger version

Name:	20190316_162519.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	298909Click image for larger version

Name:	20190316_162511.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	2.05 MB
ID:	298910

Comment

Real pretty grow you have going billyboy ! A sea of green for Patty, couldn't ask for more ! Well, maybe some corn beef and cabbage ! LOL ! Good Job ! Good Growing !!

Comment

• billyboy
        billyboy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Columbo. It has been fun :-) (We did shepherd's pie and soda bread)

• Colombo
        Colombo commented
        Editing a comment
        My Grandmother used to make it rest her soul and the soda bread lightly toasted with butter never lasted long. Always a great day !

DAY 61 Grow / DAY 19 Flower

Quick couple of pics. Happy to see that I have 20-ish, 3-5in buds (bud sites, future buds?) poking above the screen. I seem to recall reading that is about right for this timing in the grow (right?). The Bergman Gold says it is a 63 day flower so about 1/3 of the way there. If I read Nebula's advice correctly some time around this weekend I should be getting out the snips and defoliating for this upcoming phase. They are bushy little suckers that is for sure! Looking forward to seeing if I can contort and bend my body around the screen to get it done. Maybe I will stretch and do yoga first :-)

Name:	20190319_142618.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	709.6 KB
ID:	299729

Name:	20190319_142552.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	299728

Attached Files

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome billy: It would be nice if they were to stretch a bit more before you defoliated them, but if that's all they are gonna stretch... I learned on my current grow how defol can really stunt growth.

• billyboy
        billyboy commented
        Editing a comment
        I think another week maybe the the right thing too. They didn't react well tot eh first trim they got.

Welcome to the Forum, you will find almost everything you need to know with this group. Been very helpful I am finishing my first grow now, and have learned so much from where I started. Your plants look great. I had 5 plants in my 4 x 4 and that was tight, unfortunately 3 of them were naughty boys. Look forward to watching your finish.
      Flower Tent: (12/12)
      600W HPS Flowering
      1 x Jack Herer 2 Auto - Potters Gold Soil
      1 x Gelato - Coco
      2 x Strawberry Banana - Coco

Veg Room: (14/8)
      1500W LED
      1 x Jack Herer 3 Auto - Coco
      3 x Mexican Airlines Auto - Fast Buds - Coco
      1 x G13 - Seed King - Coco
      1 x Gelato (Bonsai Mom) - Clone - Coco
      1 x Bubba Cheese Auto - HBS - Coco

Veg Tent:
      300W COBB LED
      Empty

First Grow Journal and Clone Journal
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...needed-a-hobby

Strawberry Banana, Gelato & Jack Herer Auto Grow Journal
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...a-x2-gelato-x1

All Auto's Journal
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...auto-s-journal

Gelato Bonsai Mother Project
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...onsai-mom-grow

Comment

• billyboy
        billyboy commented
        Editing a comment
        8 is too much for my space for sure. 4 and doing the manifold thing is what I have already been thinking for the next grow. I have Silver Haze and Blue Cheese magic beans dying to be sprouted.
        Last edited by billyboy; 03-30-2019, 03:36 PM.

Happy Friday

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Have they stretched from a week ago? It looks like it!!

• billyboy
        billyboy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes ! They just took off. It was amazing. Not sure I want to defoliate. Maybe just let them grow

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with you, let em stretch. I stunted some of mine by defoliating the wrong way.

DAY 70 Grow / DAY 28 Flower

It has been a good week. Everything seems on track. Some pictures to share. Around 5 weeks left to go

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, billy, those are gonna be some phat ass buds in five weeks cuz they look big now!!!!!!

• billyboy
        billyboy commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope so! This whole thing started off as a Christmas present for my GF. So it will be Christmas in May :-)

One of the weekend chores was to defoliate, or at least give a good trim.

Week 4 - B4 the trim

Comment

Week 4 - After the trim

Comment

• Colombo
          Colombo commented
          Editing a comment
          Things are looking real sweet billyboy, real nice grow. Good Job ! Look forward to the finish!

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	642.6 KB ID:	303183Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	2.52 MB ID:	303189Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	2.35 MB ID:	303188Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.31 MB ID:	303187Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	701.3 KB ID:	303186Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	927.4 KB ID:	303185Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	709.4 KB ID:	303184DAY 78 Grow / DAY 36 Flower

Still looking great. I gave the buds a bit of a squeeze and they feel tight :-) Hoping I am in the 5oz zone but first grow so who the hell knows?

One or two more feedings and I think the switch to plain water is going to happen. Should be about four-ish weeks out at this point.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Really nice colas!!

• Colombo
          Colombo commented
          Editing a comment
          Great grow billyboy ! How many plants ? They look really sweat . The colas are Bad Ass !!

• billyboy
          billyboy commented
          Editing a comment
          8 plants. Intended a ScrOG but it turned into a Sea of Green.

Beautiful for a first or 20th grow. Are you going to use unsulphered molasses for the flush? 2 weeks flush is enough. How often do you water? But molasses will bulk them up in my experience the last couple weeks.
        You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• billyboy
          billyboy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks!

I water every day. Each girl gets 20-22oz. Every other day they get nutes. 14-16 oz at 1/3 to 1/2 strength of the Techniflora starter kit I have and another 8-ish oz of water. I PH the water to around 6.

Funny you asked about the molasses! I was going to start a thread last night asking for advice on that and just spaced. Been reading a lot about the positive effects of unsulphured molasses in the flower/later flower. From what I read the girls don't use it but it gives the life in the spoil a burst and those little microbes having a party makes the right environment for the girls to boost buds and tighten them up.

So my regular nutes mix has "Sugar Daddy" in it. They had me start that after going to 12/12. I am guessing that the intention Techniflora is that it is doing what the molasses would do? Are you thinking that I would stop the feeding and switch to just water and molasses for the remainder of the grow? Does the "flush" include molasses water? They say to be "aggressive" and use 40ML of Sugar Daddy per gal in late flower and mix it with the MagicCal fo the 'Late Flower Formula". Maybe do molasses instead? Is there any conventional wisdom about cal/mag in late flower because Techniflora is big on it in their formulas.

Any counsel, advice and guidance welcomed and appreciated on this topic! I want to finish strong :-) (And then I will be on here asking for help with the cut, dry and cure)

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	871.9 KB
ID:	303282Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	303283Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	303284

Comment

• billyboy
          billyboy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the information. I am still undecided. Technaflora got me this far so I am leaning towards staying with their regimine. Has anyone out there used their products and tried the Sugar Daddy Flush?

• Spidermite
          Spidermite commented
          Editing a comment
          You have it so may as well try it. Its the only way to know what you like best in your grows.

I think you stop using it the last 3 to 5 days if I read right earlier. But stick with the line and see if you like the results. What I like and what works for memay not be what you like or whats best for you.

• billyboy
          billyboy commented
          Editing a comment
          I ordered more Sugar D and they screwed up the order. It is a sign "try molasses" :-)

Got the first few amber hairs this week - ! Made my whole day when I saw them I was on the road and my GF was left to tend the crop (as she has had to do many weeks) and when she sent some pics you could see them. So I busted out the USB microscope tonight for some pics. I am trying to be disciplined and not cut them down too early. She wants sedate high - not couch lock - but a relaxing high. So I belive that means 80% amber red hairs and amber trichomes? Here are some pix. They look clear and "plastic" to me so still early I think

Name:	
Size:	542.5 KB
ID:	304505Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	554.1 KB
ID:	304506Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	473.3 KB
ID:	304508Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	511.6 KB
ID:	304510Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	471.7 KB
ID:	304512Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	461.9 KB
ID:	304514Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	463.7 KB
ID:	304516Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	524.4 KB
ID:	304518

Comment

Got a little trouble in paradise. Sudden onset of yellow in my Sea of Green has me singing the blues

I guess it is hard to see the yellow under the HDS. But this one shows some brown spots :-(

A few sugar leaves right under the light seem the most impacted.

Attached Files
          Last edited by billyboy; 04-13-2019, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Not too close to the light are they? If not, give them a flush?

• billyboy
            billyboy commented
            Editing a comment
            Spot on with the light. 600W HPS and according to GWE ~ Sunlight is @16". They had grown into the 10"-12" (or a bit less) zone. I was letting them get closer deliberately but a tape measure is your friend :-) I am trusting that some of the lower canopy yellowing is just normal. Raised up the light and expect this will correct it (hopeful anyay)

Thank you

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            You're welcome. If you see more brown spots on leaves, or any symptoms, give them a good flushing; it may be nutrient lockout.

Name:	
Size:	876.3 KB
ID:	305245

Name:	
Size:	624.9 KB
ID:	305247Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	520.8 KB
ID:	305248Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	305251

DAY 88 Grow / DAY 46 Flower

Wanted to try my hand at trimming and wanted to get a feel for the girls and these genetics and if the high is any good and well . . . it as been 88 days and I want to smoke something I grew!! LOL

So selected a lower smaller branch and trimmed it up and have it drying. Are there any tips for a "quick dry" so I can smoke it tomorrow?

Comment

• PhantomSulker
            PhantomSulker commented
            Editing a comment
            I just ended up chopping my first plant at 13 weeks in flower she was looking sick from a PH problem, I ended up cutting a few branches each night after work and hung in closet till the branches snapped and then final trim and in mason jars. I still have my other plant from my first grow in week 15 of flower and hope it finishes before I run out of the first one. As for drying quick I found after lots of playing around with timing and power on my microwave, after a few days hanging a bud at 25 seconds at 70% power would dry it out almost perfect but a bit crispy on outside. One benefit was I had a lot more tricomes in my screen in my grinder than normal. But it smoked ok and keeps getting better. Hope you enjoy smoking your first grow as much as I did!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X