Ready to flower? 😁😍

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready to flower? 😁😍

I'm growing 4 feminized Cookies Kush by Barney's Farm in a 39" x 39" x 60" tent. Right now the canopy is 12-14" above tote and I have 41" from top of canopy to very top of tent.

Additional background:
    • First time grow from seed (started 28 days ago)
    • Canopy is 12-14" above totes right now
    • Light and required space takes up 24" of remaining 41" = 17" leftover
    • Breeder says plant will grow to just over 3ft (39")
    • Light needs to be about 12" from canopy
    • Light itself takes up about 12"
    If plant doubles in height during stretch then my math leads me to believe I only have an "extra" 5 inches available, after accounting for the space taken up by light and require space between lights and canopy.

So does this mean it's time to flower?

Up next:
    [Insert your recommendation here]

This is a heavy indica. I doubt it will double in height. When to flip is highly dependent on your lights and space.
    https://www.growweedeasy.com/best-he...annabis-plants
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

The plant looks good, u need to pick out the bud sites and do some deforestation to allow air flow around each bud site. After the buds u have chosen tie the branches down this should give y more wiggle room for height.lol

Comment

• ocgreen
        ocgreen commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not sure I understand what you mean by picking out bud sites. Underneath all the leaves I have tons of little plant ties tying things down in a way where I'm trying to maximize the number of bud sites you can see from top. Not saying I'm doing a good job but that's the attempt!

I will do some more reading on defoliation as both you and the article Toker1 linked mention it.

Thanks again

Thanks for response and link to article.

Ok so I am growing these under a 315w CMH and the article says:

LEC or CMH Grow Lights – Follow general guidelines for HPS lights based on your wattage (a 315W is good for ~15" tall, and a 630W is good for ~22" tall)

Is that saying the final height of the plant should be 15" approximately? 🤔

Sounds like it's flower time! 🤗🎉
      Up next:
      [Insert your recommendation here]

Comment

If your light penetrates 15” deep... then you want the nodes stacked just under 15” tall... because a 15” total plant will penetrate your light down to the soil. That would only waste electricity.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• ocgreen
          ocgreen commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Toker1. I think I understand now. Sounds like I should be aiming for a 15" thick canopy

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, exactly. I would thin out the canopy a bit too first. Give those bigger branches some extra room. If you lean towards the blue color CMH bulbs for the first 2-3 weeks of flower (until stretching stops), you can reduce the stretch and make more compact buds in the end.

I grew some Kandy Kush by Reserva Privada. it doubled in height during flower. I think kush is spelled s-t-r-e-t-c-h.
        Focus and relativity.

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          What was your light source? Stretching can be caused by environmental issues as well.

• Eliot Pryor
          Eliot Pryor commented
          Editing a comment
          I had 2 135 watt Lighthouse Hydro Blackstars. Kept them about 5 inches off the tops until they grew into them. The Blackstars draw 81 watts each. Seems like I grew several of them. That strain I learned was prone to hermie. And of course mine did. I plucked most of the male flowers as I seen them. I got about 16 seeds from that first one. I grew several of them. They were full female. Great smoke and it really smelled like candy at the end of flower. ( I thought) wife said it smelled like a skunk. Cheers !!

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have never used those lights before... but seems to have a lot of red diodes. Red will make plants stretch. First few weeks of flower, you want blue to minimize stretching. Then red after that to fatten up the buds.

I just went through the same decision. I am now mid through flower and still have more room to move the CMHs up. I have 8 different strains but with the stretchier ones I did lots of LST and bent them over. The G13 is a monster. You can always find a way plus lights are much closer in flower.

Comment

• ocgreen
          ocgreen commented
          Editing a comment
          Hope your grow turns out well! I decided to take everyone's advice and defoliated a bit. Will most likely give that a week, maybe even two, so i can be sure there's a nice thick canopy. I think you're right -- can find a way to tie down if running out of space.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X