White pails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White pails

Can I use white 5 gallon pails instead of the black ones for the indoor grow. I have everything else for setting up a grow room. Just wondering about the buckets. Thanks.

White buckets will let light leak into your reservoir. This will cause alge and unfavorable conditions for growing. Best to use the black buckets.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Cool. Thanks for the quick reply, man. I was sorta wondering about the algae thing.

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        No prob. Maybe you could wrap aluminum foil around the white bucket to ensure no light leaks if you have no other easier options.

Howdy Bubbakong, @Tokerr1 is correct, the white (or any other light colored one) bucket can let in too much light allowing algae to form, it does not take very much light at all to start problems. If You want to test a bucket (or other container like a tote), hold it up to a strong light with Your hand on the outside and if You can see the shadow (from the inside), then it is not opaque enough to block out the light. One can wrap the white bucket with aluminum foil or apply a heavy layer of paint (on the outside only). I use a couple of ten gallon totes (one black and one silver or grey). I also wrap them with bubble wrap (for thermal insulation) and cover the tops with silver reflective duck tape for blocking light and heat.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

I am using white buckets in my veg room. I just wrapped some orca film around them and duct taped it with the white facing out and black facing in. That way the light can’t get through and they still reflect light. I heard you can also spray paint them black as well but never tried that.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X