Psycloner, anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Psycloner, anyone

Anyone using one of these Psycloners? And are you using an air pump as well? If so does it make a dif?
    24 site, 3 gallon tank with aeration pump
    The mfg web site is under construction,,,
    Like this one on amazon, (you can find it cheaper)

Doesn’t tell you much. I use the king clone machine. Similar. Mine doesn’t require an air pump because the water pump and manifold/mister system sprays the water around inside the bucket. This effectively oxygenates the water inside.
    Moght want to get a small aquarium water chiller system (additional $100 or so) unless you plan on operating in an AC controled room. Water heats up and it can not hold oxygen. So you want to avoid that.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I was looking at building a bucket cloning system, by the time I get the parts around and put time in it, I would have more invested.
      And yes, a real lack of info with it as well, as in no instructions on how to use it. Doesn't help that their site is down,,, I have to assume that one puts the end of the cutting into the water,,, I hate guessing games!
      The air pump would be for added air, the pump has a tube that runs outside the box for air. This can be hooked to an air pump (comes with a valve to regulate air flow)
      Thanx for the tip on temp, I think my oldest girl may have a spare chiller laying about if it gets out of hand. The room will be AC'd soon, for now I can pop a window open,,, but at the moment I have nothing to cut from anyway,,,

Comment

After using this thing a few times, here;s my thoughts on it, it does work but,
        1 the pump does not stay mounted (suction cups)
        2 the cuttings root fastest where there are air bubbles
        3 The area of air bubbles is limited
        4 the pump makes to much noise sucking air
        5 instructions on how, where to mount the pump would have been nice

My mod would be to put air stones in it and get rid of the water-pump, this would get rid of heat build up, less noise and be more reliable.
        Your comments?

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          What the hell? Air intake? On a water pump? Is it being driven by a combustible motor engine or something? Could not be pushing air and water through the actual pump.
          Maybe you mean the air intake on the induction nozzle? In that case, no air is actually being pumped, but the pressure differential is enough to draw in air.
          Last edited by Toker1; 07-02-2019, 12:00 PM.

• HappyDaze
          HappyDaze commented
          Editing a comment
          Toker1 You're correct, the induction nozzle is on the pump outlet...the air is sucked into the water stream and controlled with a little valve. Way more complicated than it needs to be, and from Rwise's experience, not that effective.

http://www.dlwholesale.com/hydroponic-supplies/hydroponic-grow-systems-psycloner.aspPSYCLONER Cloning System - How to Clone Plants

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes the air intake is on the pump output, a little noise my ass, this thing growls like hell! The GF kept asking me "whats boiling" (I had it in the dining room), I did not use the valve to cut air flow, they recommend an air pump be hooked up so more air is pushed in,,,.
          "not that effective" with only 4 of 24 spots that have good bubbles, thats right on target!

I could imagine so. More components = more things to go wrong. Mine shoots water into a nozzle that has a plastic blocker and openings on each side. When the water stream hits the blocker, water droplets fly in a 360 degree area around the outside of the nozzle.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

When I found this I was going to build a 6 hole cloner that sprays water on the cuttings, this thing was less than the parts cost, I kinda think I should have continued to build the home made one,,, buy and learn,,, and share that with others!

Comment

Well I did it, I modified it! I put 2 bubble wall tubes in it, between rows 1&2 and 3&4, each one to a dual air pump output. This thing has bubbles all over now! So I took 6 cutting and in they went,, 1 was to long so I cut in half,, if all survive I'll be giving away a Rusty Glue!
            4,, 5 RGs, 1 Bruce Banner 3, and 1 Colombian Gold!

Comment

• HappyDaze
              HappyDaze commented
              Editing a comment
              I hope the Psycloner investment wasn't a complete waste. I'm guessing it has a good leak proof container with a tight lid. That's one of the major failings of the home built that I have. If the bucket lid isn't snapped right down, I have a flood. I keep looking for the perfect Tupperware container, but I've yet to find it.

Let us know how it works out.

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              I do like the tub and cover (link in first post), the inserts do not allow light in,,
              I was not happy with the circulation pump, added heat to the water and did not stay mounted. I was looking at DIY, but this came cheaper from a local supplier, it has worked, I think it can do better,,,

Is a clone machine worth it?

I've always cloned with peat pods in a cheap Jiffy greenhouse and I get 50% success more or less.

I've never really even heard of clone machines until looking around online- How is this going to improve cloning other than higher success rate (and I'm not overly worried about that) to justify the cost.

Comment

• HappyDaze
              HappyDaze commented
              Editing a comment
              If you grow in hydro, aero-clones are the way to go. They start WAY stronger just hanging in a bucket than in a Jiffy plug or a RW cube.

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              So far the only clones that have failed were Mazar I Sharif and it seems hard to clone. I have 1 that made it, but was not in the cloner. I lost the mother to root rot and did not notice a branch that remained when I pulled it. There it was they next day so I dug it up with no roots, put it in a pot in full on sun (that should have killed it) and said "Live or die" it is alive and starting to grow!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X