Oh, hell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, hell...

One of my mystery clones is a week or three out from harvest, and things went bad. She's dropping a LOT more fan leaves than she should, and runoff PH is a bit high (like 8). I should probably harvest before something else goes wrong...probably too late to try and correct now.

I think I figured out what happened...for some reason my veg water is unaffected (and I've been using the same jugs from day one).

I use gallon water jugs for mixing/storage, with pump sprayers for the actual watering. One of the jugs must have absorbed too much nutes...or something. I went to mix another batch of bloom water just now; added the Megacrop, turned away for a few seconds to mix a batch of veg formula, turn back and my bloom jug has foam at the top and smells a bit (okay, a lot) off. I dumped that water and junked the jug.

This is the same jug I've been using all along (that in itself could be the problem, it's absorbed too much stuff), but WTF caused the foam?! I did use the jug for a small batch of molasses water between feedings last week, but I could swear I rinsed it thoroughly.
    ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Hey W, any photos that could help with trying to correct your problem? Your Ph I would believe is the issue. Do you premix jugs and let them sit as this affects the PH from what I have been told. Did you change your routine? Pictures speak many words. Good Growing !!

Comment

The last two batches I haven't been able to let them sit as long as I'd like (every so often my roommate can get weird about open containers in the kitchen). Here are two pics I just took. The only change I made recently was using the same jug for molasses about two weeks ago (but I emptied it completely before mixing nute water). Daytime temps have been a tad low lately due to my tent being near a window...nobody's been home during the day really to check on things.

I can't get a great PH read due to the runoff water being discolored (reddish; this has happened before...last time it was due to letting some mycorrhizae brew sit too long), but the closest estimate I can get is fairly high. 8 or so. No strange smells in the tent itself. I'm tempted to try flushing then a light nute solution to save what I can.
      ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

• Colombo
        Colombo commented
        Editing a comment
        do you have a PH pen or do you use strips/drops to ph watering and runoff, it makes a world of difference. if you can flush to at least 6.7 so your plants can feed and then water/light feed to drip you should start to see a change. When a plant gets stressed it falls behind until it recovers. Good luck! Good Growing !!

Interesting that you mentioned your jugs. Do you use 1 gallon plastic water jugs? I have been using the same plastic water jugs for nutrients, molasses, cal/mag, everything, without rinsing for entire grow but have had the same, unresolved issues with my last three grows. Didn't think about water jug being the culprit!
      DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
      315 LEC
      6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
      6" Carbon filter
      3- 6" fans
      humidifier
      temp and humidity gauge
      5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
      FF trio nutrients

Comment

You fill the jug with water before mixing nutrient in it?
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Try using clear 1gal milk jugs,food grade plastic that won’t absorb or hold color or nutrients or smells.lol

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X