Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riley's OG drooping from low temps..will it recover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riley's OG drooping from low temps..will it recover?

I made a post recently about some low temperatures in two of my grow tents. I had temperatures overnight down into the low 60s and during the day only just breaking 70. This really stalled some growth for me. I used some small ceramic heaters to bring the temperatures uplast week but am now running tents with lights on 24 / 0 to keep the temperatures steady. One of my Ripley's OG plants still seems to be drooping though. Temperatures are now steady in the mid-to-high 70s and the plants are being fed Botanicare nutrients and are in 3 gallon smart pots with nectar of the Gods soil. I have aViparspectra 450 in the center and an autocob on eaxh side in a 2x4 with a 4" fan..now all om 24/7. Does this look OK or is it done for? It's looked pretty much the same for the past week now.

Ripley in center with SODK on left and Sour Crack on right

They will be fine. Sometimes mine get down close to freezing and have no issues. As a matter of fact some of the colored strains need temps under 60 to turn purple or blue etc. Only thing ive noticed is it takes a bit longer to finish. Just dont let them freeze.
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

I wonder if the drooping is related to temperature alone... My grow room runs fairly cold without too many issues.

Here's something one of the more experienced growers here recently taught me: When the temperature is a little outside optimal, the humidity begins to matter more. This is because it influences the vapor pressure density (VPD) and that controls how much CO2 the plant can take in and how much moisture it can let out. So if it got cooler, your plants might need it to be a little drier/lower RH in order to breathe properly.

So on the chart I was shown, at 60F, ideally RH would be 35% or lower for early flowering stage.

Maybe increasing airflow and/or reducing the humidity might help your plants perk up a little?
      Novice Grower
      Coir - 5 Gal
      AN Micro-Grow-Bloom / Mega Crop / Cal-Mg
      1.5 x 3' Veg tent with 116w wall LED
      1.5 x 3' Flower tent with 116w wall LED, Vivosun exhaust fan and carbon filtre

Grow 1: White Kush (MCS) Jul 2018 - Dec 2018 (2 plants / 62g) (No GWE thread)
      Grow 2: Royal Medic (RQS) Dec 2018 - Apr 2019 (1 plant / 75g)https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...nkiller-xl-rqs
      Grow 3: Blue Mystic (Nirvana) Apr 2019 - Oct 2019 (3 plants / 111g + 45g trim) https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...mystic-nirvana
      Grow 4: Purple Kush (MCS) Feb 2020 - June 2020 (2 plants / 42g, 250 seeds) https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...g-grow-journal
      Grow 5: GSC/Durban Poison (MCS) Late Aug 2020 - ??? https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...poison-fem-mcs

Projects:
      Strange Roadkilled LED light: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-led-lighting
      COB build in progress: (no post yet)

Comment

Thanks Spidermite and Eigholte . My temp's are mid t hi 70s but humidity may be too high..was at 41% last time I checked. I'll increase the exhaust fan speed and try to drop that..appreciate the feedback !

Comment

What is your watering schedule, and do you feed every time you water? When you water do you runoff or drip? As the plant progresses has the watering uptake changed? (dry out faster) 3 gal pots/water-nute uptake/size of plant. Good Growing !!

Comment

Yea, your going to loose a little 🤞weight in the end,IMO.but it will definitely comeback 😁 how far? Who knows,keep them warm!

Comment

I usually water every 2 or 3 days, depending on how things dry iut. I've been giving mega crop at 3.5 to 4.0 grams per gallon with calmag....although I may switch back to my usual botanicare regimine.

I do feed with every watering and pH water after mixing nutes. I water until I have water dripping out of the fabric pots..usually give a gallon per plant.

Comment

• Colombo
                Colombo commented
                Editing a comment
                I asked because I noticed very shiny leaves on the plant that sometimes is caused by nute issue or lock out. I guess time will tell. Keep them warm. Good Growing !!

Thanks Colombo Potted Eigholte Spidermite

I just watered with two gallons of plain tap water that I pH'd to 6.9. Run off from the first gallon was an even 7.0 end run off from the second gallon was 6.7. Leaves are still droopy and basically no change from yesterday. Dirt was bone dry before watering and no bugs or gnats of any kind noticeable.

Thoughts on what to do next when Iwater in another few days?

Comment

• Colombo
                Colombo commented
                Editing a comment
                If you can give them a light feed know that the PH is within range for nute uptake and ph at 6.3 and water till drip only. full feed at next watering ph at 6.5. If you bone dried the soil that is the cause of your major droop as the plant dehydrates. Your plant should be "damp" at all times not wet. Also a soil test kit works wonders to monitor soil PH. Checks and balances to help keep things on the right track. It should come back just needs a little time. Good Growing !!

I would go 1/2 strength nutrients full str. cal-mag, but I would do it now, on top of the plain water to finish the flush.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X