Let there be night!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let there be night!

Hi all, I'm currently running 24/7 veg and looking to switch to a 20-4 schedule.

I'm using two smart outlets ($30) from Amazon to schedule and/or remotely control whatever is plugged into those outlets using my smart phone. As an aside, highly recommend these outlets! They tell you how much power you're using, easy to schedule and ability to turn on/off on demand using a free app.

Anyways, if i kill the lights and leave humidifier on, the temperature stays ok but the humidity rises from 60 RH to low 70s.

If I kill the humidifier at same time as lights, the temperature stays ok but the humidity dropped as long as 36 after 4 hours. AND my humidifier doesn't turn back on 4 hours later (you have to physically press the button on machine).

The key benefit to leaving humidifier on is I don't have to physically go in and turn on a humidifier after it gets turned off.

So here are my questions
    1. Is it going to be too humid if it hits low 70s when lights are off for 4 hours? GWE guide says 40-60 RH veg but I don't know if would be ok to be slightly higher for 4 hours per day.
    2. If you had to choose, would you go with low 70s or high 30s during night veg?
    3. Anyone know a workaround for the issue where my humidifier wont start spewing air after power on unless I hit the little touch screen power button?
    Thanks for taking the time to read and possibly respond.
    Up next:
    [Insert your recommendation here]

I have the IHome smart plug. It looses its WiFi connection so often, I’m glad I didn’t use it for my lights. Don’t get me wrong, it’s awesome when it works. But it’s faulty at best.
    Why not run the humidifier and a powerful circulation fan at the same time? Circulating the air will decrease humidity in the room.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I have the following fans going all the time:
      1. 6" clip on fan pointed at plant canopy
      2. 8" floor/box fan also pointed at canopy
      3. Exhaust fan with roughly twice the required CFM turned on full
      4. 4" ducting from bottom of tent to outside
      I need all of above to keep RH at 60 with lights on. They stay on when lights are off but RH goes too high. On some level starting to wonder if I need a less heavy duty humidifier for my space because I keep it on lowest of 3 settings.
      Up next:
      [Insert your recommendation here]

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        In that case... might be better to sit the humidifier outside the tent. That way it pulls in the moisture from outside into the tent.

• ocgreen
        ocgreen commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmm, definitely something to consider. Right now my cold air intake vents to fresh air outside. But that will change in a month or two as outdoor temps rise and I lose my free cold air.

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah... that’s almost exactly how I have my set up.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X