Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cable replacement ideas for KIND LED light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cable replacement ideas for KIND LED light?

Just wondering if anyone else has come up with ideas on how to replace cabling for various lights? The cables that come with the KIND LED seem to have far too much slack and I'd like to be able to raise the lights as high as possible - right now they hang down a few more inches than they really need.

Are there folks who are more handy/creative than me who have solved something like this? The KIND LED lights have posts with holes through them, and you put the cables they provide through them. I imagine this is typical, but I've not seen too many other light systems.

Why not attach the cable (the one you want to be shorter) to the post, loop it around the light hanging ratchet...then connect it back to the same post on the opposite end. You will effectively be using half of the cable length this way.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Try reusable twistable Gear Ties. They sell at Home Depoe or Lowes ect..
      Nite-Ize-Reusable-Rubber-24-Inch
      You don’t have to be better than everybody else. You should strive to be better than you ever thought you could be.------Todd Y. 1986

Comment

Thanks for the ideas. I'm thinking I may find wire about the thickness of a wire hanger and see if I cannot wrap around a bolt or the like on the other side of the post hole in order to keep it from coming out?

I want it to be as tight as possible between the two posts in order to have as little slack as possible when hanging.

I looked really closely at the pics for the gear ties and cannot be sure they will pass through the holes on the posts. I may have to find them in Home Depot in order to be sure. And are they strong enough to hold their shape? I'm supposing I could find something similar to hold them from passing through the posts if they are not quite strong enough to hold up light and keep from sliding back through on their own. I'm thinking some kind of miniature clamp that screws down and holds the wire I use might be the trick.

Comment

Use Jack chain (light weight chain) you can adjust the length easy with a pliers and cheep normaly

Comment

• George4green
            George4green commented
            Editing a comment
            Or if your good with knots use para cord which is really cheep and can be used a lot of different ways for projects

Originally posted by jackhoffa View Post
          Thanks for the ideas. I'm thinking I may find wire about the thickness of a wire hanger and see if I cannot wrap around a bolt or the like on the other side of the post hole in order to keep it from coming out?

I want it to be as tight as possible between the two posts in order to have as little slack as possible when hanging.

I looked really closely at the pics for the gear ties and cannot be sure they will pass through the holes on the posts. I may have to find them in Home Depot in order to be sure. And are they strong enough to hold their shape? I'm supposing I could find something similar to hold them from passing through the posts if they are not quite strong enough to hold up light and keep from sliding back through on their own. I'm thinking some kind of miniature clamp that screws down and holds the wire I use might be the trick.
          you can bend them anyway you want. bend around the top bar and them bend the to hold each corner or make rails with them and put the light on top. once you see and feel them yu'll get real creative. No doubt in my mind. They are nice
          You don’t have to be better than everybody else. You should strive to be better than you ever thought you could be.------Todd Y. 1986

Comment

I use small chain instead of the cables or adjustable hangers because you can adjust the light height very precisely and it's cheap, just hang em from the ceiling of your grow room. I don't use a tent so I don't know if you can do this in a tent. I built a stealth grow room 2x5 in my garage so the chains are perfect for me.
            If weed is healthy...why am I so broken down?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X