Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on this perpetual grow layout

So here is my plan:

Wife wil have her acmpr soon, she will be allowed via Canadian Government to grow up to 25 plants (possibly more pending perscription). I intend to still grow photoperiod plants, I want to yield 1 lb every 2 months....

With that said, I may adjust the numbers, but I figure 4 plants per "cycle". This will be less seeds used, and able to keep mothers of strains that are best!

Why so much you may ask?
    Firstly her medications, secondly to start building up a weed collection, kinda like your whiskey and bourbon cabnet or wine rack. I would like to be able to have you over, and smoke silly, third is the option to trade strains to further find meds that work for my wife.

I plan on 8 months (or less based upon how much yield) from seed to flower completion. (Modified based on numbers)

Trimming? I plan on getting a trimmer bowl to incease the speed in which they are trimmed. Save our hands!

Clone/Seed Room - 2 Months (x 4-8 clones)
    Veg #1 - 2 Months (x4 plants)
    Veg #2 - 2 Months (x4 plants)
    Flower- 2+ Mo. (x4 plants)

Mother room- Undecided if it will be in the veg tent or in its own, but this leaves room for up to 5 mothers.

Full cycle will be 8 Mo from seed or clone to Harvest. Pending room, I will probably put 2-4 Autos for additional variety + faster growth. (When I can with numbers)

Clone room: A small area with one of my old LED lights.

Veg Tent (All one tent) 4x8x7. Trained to grow flat. Under my current LEDs (Mars Hydro) plus possibly buy additional lighting as it is a larger area to light.

Flower room: current 5x5x7 tent, planning on buying a 1000w HPS for this stage.

Dry area: Probably another tent. (Unsure of size)

Thoughts? Comments?

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Hey Qwerty … fellow canuck here …. congrats (sort of … tragically ... I suppose) on the medical license … planning to look into that myself …
    Timelines look generous for big plants. Just a couple of thoughts:
    1. Are you planning to incorporate an outdoor grow in the production schedule? Be a shame to lose out on what little outdoor season we have here.
    2. Hydro safety … good to double check your system with the addition of more wattage. Where I am I try to use the cheap rates whenever possible.
    3. A separate drying tent might need heat, air, humidity … not sure if all your tents will be going into one room.

Impressed by your efforts and thanks for your reports to date. Good luck with the expansion and keep up the great growing. Stay warm!
    Surround yourself with nature, and let it breathe life into your soul.

Comment

• Qwertywill
      Qwertywill commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the reply,

It is tragic we need to go through the hoops to medicate... a shame really... but a step in the right direction?

Regarding the two points you brought up:

I doubt I will do outdoors, as I would need to fence in the area... I will be possibly moving to a city soon too, so I may or may not have the outdoors I want, however I will be trying to use the sun for what I can indoors.

Absolutly regarding safety, If I need to I will place my tents in places accordingly. (Ideal would be all in the basement) however, if I need to have parts scattered so be it. Amps is a huge deal not only for safety but for what our electral pannel can handle! I am thinking a staged start to so the i initial draw will be far less. I rather not have a fire for sure! But I will be looking into it at the new place!

The cold is killing me! Too cold in the Maritimes today!

If you need to lower amp/draw you should consider 220v vs 110v. It would also require smaller wiring for same wattage lights.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X