TDS question for new seedlings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TDS question for new seedlings

I've had a couple of grows and haven't used a TDS meter, and I'm planning on adding that to my next grow.

I've read that seedlings (less than two weeks old) should have around 600 total ppm in their nutes. So I mixed up one gallon of seedling nutes from the GWE nute chart for coco. Here are the PPM's after each addition:

tap water: 281
    after 1 t CalMag: 620
    after 1/4 t Micro: 722
    after 1/4 t Gro: 771
    after 1/4 t Bloom: 790

CalMag had a huge effect on the ppm's.

Total ppm is 790. Should I dilute this down so the ppm's are around 600? Is 790 too high for seedlings? Thanks!
    Growing hydro in coco under Luminous LED COB's

I feel that it depends on the strain. Right now I'm growing gorilla glue and they don't like anything over 650 as full grown plants. I'd start off with a diluted solution to start and see if your plants show any signs of deficiencies. Would be a shame to burn them. Just my opinion though

Comment

I know my Pml is around 260 for my tap I don't add can mag as I have the same problem with my pops hitting around 750 to 800 when I do my advice is mix up some with a little less calories may as your tap may contain enough for calling may to not be needed my plants seems to do alright without it so I'd try a little less than recommend for you and if it the plants seem to have problems then wing it down some more I just risked it all when I tried to find out if I needed it and stopped using it
      DWC/hydroton clay pellets600w digital/dimmable ballast,
      250w MH veg,400w HPS flowering,floratrio nute schedule ,48*32*60 grow tent,
      current grow: feminized blue wizard
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...c-grow-journal

Comment

600 ppm? please report EC instead of ppm. You mean your EC is 1.2?
        Reduce Ca-Mg dose in half instead of diluting.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X