1000 Males

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1000 Males

I am reading more about folks getting all male seed, 1 of my orders was held up (replaced) because of this issue. And I have not talked to the owner but a friend that works there tells me they had to pull 1000 plants as the entire crop was male! I also do not know at this time where those seed may have came from. But damn what a catastrophic event for a new grower, that will let the puff out of your bank account!
    So how wide spread is this?

That would be the worst! After all that time and money. You figure something is happening in transit or on the seed banks end?

Comment

I myself think to the breeder, all one has to do is assume the plant being hermied is female. All the seed from a hermied male bread with its self will be male seed.
      And ya, what a loss! Time, investment, etc., and no returns!

Comment

Males come from stress. Highly doubt the seeds were made male, as suggested above. Most likely the grower tried to push the plants to the limits and stressed them into being males.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I could see that if it was only some of the crop, but 100% male? 1000 males out of 1000 feminized seed, and they say no hermies either, so I dont think it was stress. They made oil with them so not a total loss,,, then fed the bulk to the chickens,,,
          Paul told me he had some feminized seed that was turning up all males as well, (my held up order)

Comment

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Stress makes males... not females. Putting lights on 24/7 creates more males. Paul said, he gets the seeds on his website from friends who know breeders. He trades for them. So it doesn’t surprise me that a batch didn’t turn out the way it was expected.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X