Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh no! I thought liquid bat guano was pH neutral!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh no! I thought liquid bat guano was pH neutral!

I made a very stupid mistake. I have six girls in their 7th week of flower now. I thought I had read that budswell, a liquid bat guano, was pH neutral. Where I thought that I don't know so here's what I did. I made up their nutrient water pH test it and then added the bat guano. And then watered them! Then I read how mistaken I was, and I do believe I've done some damage. I think this budswell made the water very acidic. In 24 hours the leaves on these buds have literally shrunk! There's no yellowing or anything but the leaves all along the colas, have shrunk! So my question is number one have I ruined this grow? Number 2, when I water again which is in about three days, should I water with a pH much lower like 5.8 or 6.0? Because I think what they got the other day was super super acidic. Any help on this topic would be super!
    The earth does not belong to us.
    We belong to the earth.

Auto's and Super auto's in Coast of Maine
    Photos in Coast of Maine
    Nothern lights auto, AK48 auto, OG Kush auto Cookie G3 Super auto's
    PurePowerPlant photo, Sweet Zombie photo, Wonder woman photo
    3 & 5 & 7 & 10 gal 24/7 grow bags
    Recharge, molasses, Botanicare nutrient line
    12(6 in each room) 450 watt Viparspector LED
    (2) 6" Carbon filter and fans
    House of hydro foggers both veg and 12/12 rooms.
    8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)
    9 x 12' Flowering room (12/12 room)

FLUSH!!! Whatever size pot they are in - multiply by 3 for the number of plain water to flush through - I imagine it should be ph'd - 5 gallon pot run 15 gallons through it. It will take a while, but that's what I would do. In my opinion, that is considered a flush.

Don't wait for next watering - do it now.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I have no doubt whatsoever that you are right. But, there's several things. They are all in 5-gallon cloth pots, as you said but I've got six of them. That's 90 gallons of pH water. Also their colas are hooked up with yo-yos, because the buds are so heavy. My partner is out of town for a week and I am alone here. It will not be physically possible for me to get each one of these downstairs to the first floor of the house run 15 gallons of water through each one and get it back upstairs myself. There might be an answer in that I have ordered slf 100, and it will be here on Friday. It is inorganic product that breaks up and flushes out salts and other products from the soil. It is a flushing agent, to be used in place of running water through the soil. I don't know if you are familiar with it and I hope I'm right about this. Because it's not physically possible for me to flush all these plants without someone to help me. I am probably f*****😫
      We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
      8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

Can you set them in something in the room. Flush and use a shop vac to remove all the water runoff? Could even set them ontop of a 5 gallon bucket with the plant sitting on a wire rack. Flush and empty.

Yes carrying plants and buckets of water is hard. I used to have to carry 2 5 gallon buckets of water down steep steps. Unless i figured wrong 10 gallons of water isnt lite.
        You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• Potted
          Potted commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m still hauling water,up the stairs and waste water down the stairs. It’s one of my least fuchen things I do.

• Colombo
          Colombo commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe water weighs 8.6 lbs per gal. Think of the workout and the saving on a gym. LOL. Good Growing !!

spider mite, the five gallon bucket with a wire rack would be possible but I've got six of these plants. The water drains so slowly down into them that it would literally take me all day and into the evening from morning on, to do this. I am unable to physically lift one of these plants at all once it has been watered. That's lifting one plant one time. I have physical disabilities. Not to mention I have only tomorrow off of work. I am not going to be able to flush these plants. All I can do is pray and wait until Friday and use the slf 100 and hope that that does something for them. That said, I hope folks chime in about the acidity or the pH of liquid bat guano. And would one watering with on ph bat guano really do so much damage? I just don't know. The plants look perfectly fine except the size of the leaves seems to have shrunk. They still have lots of trichomes, their color is good....
        We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
        8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

I would put your liquid bat guano in a gallon of water check the PH to see how far off it was? (If your ph is not off that much it may correct with a minor flush) From there check the soil PH and adjust the soil ph by 1 gal 6.5 ph flushes as needed and PH runoff to correct. if you are close to harvest you may want to just ph flush for a chem cleanse. You can use a 10 gal wet vac base with a small riser to water for run off , clean after each plant adjustment. When done put vac top on and clean any mess. JMO

Comment

• Colombo
            Colombo commented
            Editing a comment
            Took my tap water (ph 8.02) added Fox Farm Big Bloom (0.0-0.5-0.7) bat guano and earth worm. re ph'ed and had a ph of 8.21. The ph change was .19 . Hope this helps. Good Growing !!

• Greenpassion
            Greenpassion commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh what a good idea Columbo. I'm going to do that in the morning. What a perfect way to test instead of trying to ask or Google! Thank you!

• Colombo
            Colombo commented
            Editing a comment
            Ph your water at 6.5 , add you bat guano and ph again and it will tell you the PH change. If not sever enough a 1gal flush just might do the trick. Good Growing !!

you are a lifesaver! Thank you so so much. Not sure where you live but here in Vermont it's almost 10:00 at night and I've been going with these rooms upstairs for all day and I'm exhausted. Believe me first thing in the morning that's what I'm going to do. I will post what the results are okay?
          We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
          8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

• Colombo
            Colombo commented
            Editing a comment
            South of you in Garden State, Hope all works out! Good Growing !!

• Greenpassion
            Greenpassion commented
            Editing a comment
            I P H my water plane. It was about 6.7. Then I added 10 mil of Budswel and pH'd that and it went down to about 5.7 . So I don't know if the change when I watered last week was that bad. I'm still not clear on this.

• Colombo
            Colombo commented
            Editing a comment
            The soil slightly acidic. Ph your water at 7.5 and give 2 1 gal flushes checking the run off to bring up to 6.5 so all the nutes can be absorbed. Remember when you flush you remove minerals and nutes. When you feed add some Cal Mag at 3 mil per gal and you should start to see a change. I purchased a soil test kit to help maintain my soil ph along with the drops and strips for checks and balance. Shouldn't be to hard to correct. Good Growing !!

Back atcha!!
          We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
          8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

As far as the weight of water, I weigh about 122 lb. My disability is in my joints. My spine and shoulders and feet. I was a longtime (32 years)long distance trail runner(18/20 miles a day) until last year. That said, I Run Foggers from the hydro store in both rooms, which requires gallon after gallon after gallon of water to be put into the Foggers to keep the water level up. My stairwell is lined with jugs. No one beginning with myself( and ending with myself)goes up tbose stairs without grabbing a jug! Then once a week these Foggers have to be cleaned. They are in plastic bins, with trays underneath and PCV pipe to vent the fog out into the rooms. That's all a lot of physical maintenance. Just want y'all to know that I'm not a wimp! LOL!
            Last edited by Greenpassion; 03-04-2019, 10:52 PM.
            We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
            8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

• Greenpassion
              Greenpassion commented
              Editing a comment
              my grow is on the second floor of my house with no bathroom up there. Lugging water is one thing, the trying to carry a 4-foot plant in a soaked 5-gallon pot is beyond what I can do. Ktm690r, how many times did you do that before you lost that Auto? These guys have had one watering of their regular feed and bat guano mixed in.

• KTM690
              KTM690 commented
              Editing a comment
              Was only 1 watering and killed it in 4 days

• Spidermite
              Spidermite commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes there are alot of use here who grow for pain. Im retired from my injuries too and lots of things I cant do anymore. As long as I walk carrying the buckets standing upright straight as a board I can carry them easy. If I bend over even a little bit while carrying 1 or 2 buckets ill be in bed a week. Also one foot doesnt work at all which makes step steps tricky.

I also use liquid bat turd as my phos I've seen it do some weird things mixed with different things. I use it alone only with ph water by itself not a big deal but mixed with others I found can hurt ya. I just lost a great auto plant due to a oops in adding it to my normal feed. Also in vt lol good luck

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X