First Grow Need Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Grow Need Advice

Nube here, just started my first grow, proud papa of triplets lol . Auto seeds in coco coir. Seedlings are in rapid rooters in dixie cups with coco coir in a humidity dome about 2" tall 2 sets of leaves. Lights are 20" above dome on veg only. Light is a Viparspectra 1200V. Just wondering if everyone thinks I have everything set up right or not. Also when should I be looking to transplant into bigger pots. I will be using Smart Pots. Damn this is fun. Thanks

sounds like you are on the road. Welcome to the party
    Click image for larger version

Name:	goodluck.gif
Views:	148
Size:	921 Bytes
ID:	296029

check this link out - you can scroll down to #2 (Allow leaves to grow to edges of the solo cup)
    Learn how to germinate and when to transplant your seedlings so you get the fastest growth. This step-by-step tutorial includes pictures plus hints and tips!

Comment

Thanks, I had read that once before and had forgot all about it. LOL

Comment

You're off and running. Read everything on GWE and you'll do fine. You can probably remove the humidity dome with 2 sets of leaves. Check the light height online too. 20" plus the height of the dome may be a little close but the light makers spec will tell you. I run my LED around 30" when they are babies.
        4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

Welcome to GWE SKMARTIN6, you came to the right place! Great collection of growers here to help you when needed! My best advise would be, what ever schedule you start stick to it and use a calendar to track you grow. Read up on COCO COIR so you do not have nute problems. Your off to a great start, keep doing what your doing ! Good Luck ! Good Growing !!

Comment

Thanks guys and girls. One question on the lights, being that the seeds are Autos should I leave the lights on veg or should I go ahead an put them on veg - bloom or just bloom or leave as is for now.

Comment

• Colombo
              Colombo commented
              Editing a comment
              Follow the manufactures recommendations on light hight to canopy and adjust as needed during your grow. Follow a routine that you can backtrack to solve problems. All aspects of the grow feed off each other and takes time to dial in. Patience is your best friend ! Good Growing !!
              Last edited by Colombo; 03-05-2019, 04:02 PM. Reason: added content

At two nodes your in veg, and welcome to the best dam site for growing. Until u see flowers leave it in veg mode or veg- bloom when there’re a bit more mature.lol

Comment

Thanks Potted, bit nervous.

Comment

• Colombo
                Colombo commented
                Editing a comment
                That will all disappear as they grow and then it becomes pure fun! Good Growing !!

Welcome to site SK sounds like your heading in the directoin. I'm growing autos atm also really loving these plants. I've been germing my seeds in paper towel on my cable box its way better than a seed pad. Once they tail out a bit I've been putting them straight into main pot under cfls for a week then they hit leds. I'm running 2 300 watt in a 4x4 set up with cfls on sides its killing it lol. I'm a soil guy though so not sure if coco is diff or not but straight in main pot seems to get them up and running way faster. Just pulled my first auto harvest on sat small little white moscow but gave me some great looking bud at about 1.5 oz in 71 days from seed

Comment

Hey SK, how are your plants doing from your last post ? Hope things are better ! Good Growing !!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X