Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanting to setup indoor grow tent. Need advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Wanting to setup indoor grow tent. Need advice.

Hello all!

I made a post last week to check up on my 4 plants. I am interested now in setup a growtent inside my house and trying that out. Outdoor has been a bit fiddley.

I have a little unit type house which has a small laundry. This is what it looks like: https://imgur.com/iFMRLMu
    I think this area should be big enough, it has a power point and also access to a window.
    Am i right in saying that i would require a tent, some lights and some kind of ventalition?

I am going to go down and see if i can have a look at some at a local shop. Does anyone have any comments/tips and advice on what i should go for? or even a certain brand of grow tent?
    I think i would only grow maybe 4 plants at a time or less i dont want to go stupid with it.

Hi, I would highly recommend gorilla tents, u get what u pay for!....... always !

Comment

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree with Potted. I have had 4 Gorilla tents. The lite weight ones are good too. I usually call in my order. Don’t know where you are but I get my tent in 2 days. Having a window is great for ducting your out take fan. Check out GWE newsletter this am...Nebula & Sirius are doing an online course. There is a preview video with in the newsletter.

If you can make that space light tight without a tent that would work too. Line the walls with white polly or mylar. A light tight zipper to make a door and boom grow room lol. What are the dimensions of that room? Looks like it might be a bit tricky to set up a tent in there.

Comment

if you've got the space somewhere a nice 2'x4' or 3'x3' tent would be good for a few plants. could squeeze 4 in a 3x3 if you're willing to do some plant training or two will nicely fill up a 2x4 (60cmx120cm)
      Gorilla is a good brand, expensive but good quality. If you can get to your local store look for one that has metal joiners in the corners for the poles, not plastic and can support a bit of weight.

Not really sure what your budget is but I'd recommend somewhere between a 250,400 or 600W hps or a 315 CMH/LEC light and a 6 inch fan & ducting plus a couple of clip on fans for circulation.

Will cost a bit to get set up but can end up growing a gram for $1 or less (only taking into account electricity, nutes, water, not the initial setup cost)
      Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
      600W HPS
      Coco
      GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
      Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

Thanks all.

I have been looking at a few tents and gorilla have come up alot so ill try go for one of them.
        I can move out that waching maching if i need to for more height, i was thinking about just putting the tent on top of it. I guess ill have to go take a look at a few and decide on the tent b4 i work out what else i can fit in there.

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          OzBud That’s an online store called the la shop. I sent a link in the first post. Upper left hand corner converts the prices into Australian dollar if you are looking at the conversation factor.

• PRIMO
          PRIMO commented
          Editing a comment
          I wish I had a sink and running water in my grow room. It'd make my life a lot simpler. My plants would get flushed a bit more regularly too.

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          PRIMO I actually ran a drip line from my outdoor sprinkler system into my garden. Best damn day of my life. Having access to water near the source is key to easier gardening.

Do i also need things like light and fan controllers? and with watering do i just water manually? i dont need anything more for that?

Comment

you'll want a 5-7' tall tent so it won't be able to sit on the washing machine. it also won't be able to be picked up and the whole thing moved at once with everything set up in it so if that was your plan you might have to rethink it.
        Light controller you can use a normal good 10amp timer. you will probably want some sort of fan speed controller
        watering just do manually, I would recommend growing in coco coir. You will need a pH pen and some pH down. shouldn't need any pH up depending on your water
        Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
        600W HPS
        Coco
        GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
        Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

Nah i wouldnt be moving it around. Ok ill look a bit more into coco coir. What is the advantage of this?
          I got a Ph meter the other day i am assuming that would be the same as a ph pen?

Comment

• OzBud
            OzBud commented
            Editing a comment
            yeah probably the same thing unless its one you stick in soil.

coco is halfway between soil and full hydroponics growing. Fast growth, total control over watering/feeding schedule. pretty much impossible to overwater unlike soil

• Tika
            Tika commented
            Editing a comment
            The BlueLab pH men ( my favorite ) is for your water/nutrient mix) that you test after you do pH. Worth every penny. Also Canna coco 3 to one Vigoro perlite or Cyco platinum coco coir my favorite.

That sounds way better haha!
          The ph meter is one you stick in the soil so ill have to get another one haha

Comment

• OzBud
            OzBud commented
            Editing a comment
            that will help you know whats going on near the roots but a pH pen helps make sure the plants can use the fertilizer they are given

I have a 3x3x5(secret jardin) in a similar space, my biggest recommendation to you is getting an air cooled light. 400 watt HPS are really good but run too hot in that small tent, even with it being vented outside via 4" tornado and Filter setup, so the air cooled version is almost a must!

While buying that light, buy a 30-50$ Lux meter to help with light distance. This purchase was a game changer for me, my plants took off right away as my light at 30cm(recommended dist) was much too high.

PPM pen if you are adding nutes, it just makes life much easier.

No more than 4 plants in a 3x3 tent, or it just becomes way too crowded.

Comment

Awesome thanks heaps for the advice all!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X