Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dificiency / toxicity lockout /light burn????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Dificiency / toxicity lockout /light burn????

Help help help - deficiency/ toxicity/ light burn ???

I have just set up a room I’m running four 600w two mh and two hps
    my ballast are dimable and I was running then all on 400 watt
    they have been vedgeing for about 2 weeks now and all the growth is coming out yellow and some turning white

They have been on a light feed with a ec of about 1100 and my ph is between 6-7

all my babies are going in this direction now I don’t no if it’s a nutrient block or two little of something

pls help help

I'll go with toxicity - a problem with the soil?
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I usually only run about 800ppm. I add cal/mag in the days I water without nutrients. But try flushing it good and then try a lower ppm.
      You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Nautical, I sure hope they bounce back from a good flush. I grow hydro, but flush mine, too.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

First, Welcome to GWE glad to have you here. I also would agree a soil issue. It appears each plant has the same creeping affect. What type of soil? Commercial Mix, home mix ? water and feed schedule it helps in trying to determine your problem.

Comment

I took one plant out to flush , flushed it with 25l of water , did a ec test of the flushed water and my ec was around 2350 which is extremely high for such young plants. Alas I did add 2 table spoons of epson salts on a 25l on my first 2 feeds and I no epson salts pick ur ec up a lot.

my soul medium is mixed at home it’s a pre mix I buy and then I add bone meal more perlite vermiculite and some compost.

some new clones have rooted and trying differnt soul meduims now and only feeding water for the first while just to monitor what they do

I knocked all my light back to 250w just so I can address the issue

I’m going to try a slow flush by just feeding water over a period of time .

but ya will keep u guys updated but any extra help will be awsome

Comment

My feeding schedule has pretty much been feed once soil medium is dry , when I had the light running on 400 they were drying out about every 5 days or so , now that iv knocked em back to 250 they taking longer As I mentioned I did a light flush with water due to the medium still being fairly wet was worried that I will get root rot now that the soil is constantly wet
              they got solucal and hygromix which is both powders then I played with the ec to get it to 1100 and added liquids brown and pink
              I did one foiler with kelpack and another with epson
              that’s all iv fed so far in the 2 weeks

Comment

No that we determined it’s not light burn should I knock em back to 400 or keep em on 250 till problem is sorted

Comment

Nauticalsmile welcome , at this stage in life they are very tender ,I have a couple of questions if you are in soil why are you feeding them, it looks like the soil is still viable and has lots of nutes in it ,The fact that your EC is 2350 tells me you over fed them ,I also think Epsom salt is good for plants but I think you may have used to much ,I dont see how you can flush it all out if you do then your soil will have no nutes left .

What I would do is repot them all start with the worst one if it bounces back then you know your on the right track and stop feeding them in soil until they show signs of needing it
                  new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                  current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

💯💯💯 thanks for the advice
                    I think I’m gonna re pot em
                    let the games begin

Comment

I followed someone elses instructions to give em a light ec but clearly they got hit to hard

Comment

Hard to say unless you eliminate all environmental factors.
                        repoting them might help.
                        if your ppm is extremely high it’s most likely a lockout.
                        whatever you put in the top should read the same coming out or very close.
                        looks like early stages nitrogen, calcium/magnesium lockout and it starts from the top or new growth?
                        Don’t see any other lockouts in nutrient from the photos provided.
                        If you repot don’t add any nutes till you see recoveries just ph your water.
                        keeping the lights at 250 isn’t gonna kill them,
                        400 or higher will promote new growth and that’s not what you want just yet.
                        my 2 cents
                        good luck man!

Comment

Hey Nauticalsmile, a few quick questions? Are your bags plastic with side vents only and sit on the floor with no air circulation or drainage underneath ? When you water does runoff come from the sides and bottom? Did your soil have added nutes when purchased? You can flush hot soil to an acceptable level and just water with Cal Mag. Good Growing !!

Comment

@Nautical I think colombo is right you need to get something under those plants the cold from the floor may be the problem Htgsupply,com has the best price for plant lifters 13 inch saucers work the best for me
                            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Thanks gents
                              I re potted 51 of the babies
                              keeping lights on 250 for now
                              and only have a water feed when re potted of a ph of 6.5.
                              i re bagged em into material bags this time.
                              how long should the babies take to unlock themselves and should I carry on with just water until they show signs of recovery and then possibly just start of with a light foiler feed

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                                oldjarhead100 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I re potted 51 of the babies , Haha Your worse than I am . holy shit 51 plants . I would give them some root enhancer like voodoo juice and then slowly increase nute levels until you are where you want to be , how far away are you keeping your lights

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X